Darwin NUNEZ: 2022/23

He is and will be amazing. He is all action and that affects his finishing. When he does not think he is great. He just needs to relax. A few goals and he will be fine. The finish last game was world class.

1 Like

Laugh all you want but imagine Haaland stuck up top while we pass sideways and backwards the only reason Nunez has so many chances is he is busting a gut on his runs same with Salah.

There are very few examples of Nunez missing chances in the box that haven’t been combined with a run. Possibly his headers.

2 Likes

Matty, are you ok?

I meant to copy in the person who laughed but my point stands they are very different players. I doubt we’d be better off if we had Haaland upfront simply because most of our chances come from runs into box.

Isn’t it something like 70% of the chances he missed he pretty much created. I don’t think Haaland would be anywhere near that.

1 Like

Who knows, you’d like to think not.

They’re different players because they’re coached to do different roles in the CF position.

People say you can’t compare this and that with that and this, you can’t compare Haaland to Nunez because this or you can’t compare Mahrez and Salah (for example) because of that…well, you can.

They’d be nothing to compare otherwise if you always picked like for like players to compare with.

Haaland’s pace and movement is fantastic as well though, he’s not just some plodder who just stands in the box for a tap in.

1 Like

Aye, the limited role he is playing at city is not anything close to a full demonstration of what he can do. A lot of what we praise Darwin for in his non goal scoring moments is precisely what Halaand made his name at Red Bull and Dortmund doing. There is just very limited scope at City for him to be running a channel.

1 Like

Fair enough but we don’t know if he would be delivering that here at Liverpool.

What we are asking of Nunez is not what Man City are asking of Haaland so as far as you can conclude in the PL is he would also struggle at least for us.

Not to mention Liverpool are playing far worse than Man City (bar the home game against them). If the only reason for Liverpool’s form was misfiring strikers then it’s a point that could be made.

It sadly is not.

2 Likes

If haaland was doing what he was doing at city for us and Nunez was playing the way he does for us at city, majority here would be saying Nunez is shit imo .

People who don’t know what they’re watching perhaps. Many thought Jesus was shit too, they were wrong.

Nunez is an excellent player, just not playing at Haaland’s level so far.

I do think Nunez is potentially a better big game player than Haaland though, I don’t think there’s a defence out there that can keep Nunez quiet for 90 minutes if he’s on it.

7 Likes

Interesting how the view on Haaland shifts from the City thread to here when he’s compared with one of our players.

:joy:

I have no problems stating the obvious who is the better player right now, regardless of styles. What happens in the future, who knows.

Still got the result she wanted just like Darwin

Please someone find a video of Darwin saying “the gays are trying to murder me”

If you know you know :joy::joy::joy:

Best I can do

Last thing us gays would do

3 Likes

Apparently he’s out for the Brighton game? Injured

Well you know what they say Koptish. It never rains but it pours.

My feelings this season can be described by two memes. This is the second one, sent to me earlier today by one of my closest mates (also a die-hard Red), funnily enough. Is it May already? Can we have another World Cup from the next week? Can this season be null-and-void? Can Grobbelaar take a piss on Anfield goal posts a few more times?

2 Likes

Can we say he is maybe out.

There is no confirmation he is out and Klopp will probably confirm one way or another tomorrow. Even the journalist is saying he isn’t ruled out.

2 Likes