Darwin NUNEZ: 2022/23

It’s with included bonuses, be it “easy” bonuses or “difficult” bonuses.

It’s the same when we sell players, we mostly count in full amount. I see Nunez already activated part of his bonuses after 10 games played for us and he will activate another one after 60 games played for us. I don’t have info on Diaz and Gakpo, but seeing that Diaz already won some trophies, got to top 4 and a CL final, it could be that it’s at least £150m so far.

My point was that we spent serious money on 3 senior forwards in the last year or so, so it’s obvious that big focus went there and now we need to see the results of it on the pitch.

1 Like

You basically made it up.

On Nunez:

£21.34m of the £85.36m is in add-ons. The first £4.3m will come after Nunez makes 10 appearances. A further £8.5m will follow after 60 games with the final £8.5m to “depend on the individual and collective performance of the team throughout the contract.”

There’s no such detailed info on Diaz and Gakpo.

Point remains, whether it’s around £150m in the end or £180m.

1 Like

I, for one, am totally on board moving them on this summer as long as we have a solid plan how to proceed afterwards (further recruitment plus tactics suited to whoever we get as replacements)

1 Like

I would never have any problem with Jurgen moving any of these players on… Downside he faces is most of them have become old warriors of sorts… Just look at the number of CL finals most of them have been involved in… How on earth do you replace that kind of experience, especially when it seeps down into the Bajcetics of our new world. Looking at the Gini situation, how on earth could these experiences ever be factored into new contract negotiations
Jurgen either goes for a gradual transition of the team, or he pulls the trap-door on most of them once they hit 30

Show your figures, then.

1 Like

Luis Diaz = £37.5 - £49 million tops
Cody Gakpo = £35 - £45 million tops
Darwin Nuñez = £64 - £85 million tops

= £179 million tops. So Zoran was a £1 million out. That’s a lot of money to me :see_no_evil:.

Lowest possible = £136.5 million.

Plus Ben Doak @ £600k :man_shrugging:

I’m on fire on this forum lately. I think I’ll start thinking before posting hehehehe.

Starting to turn those chances into goals now is our Darwin…header he scored was sublime, not seeing those guilt edge chances being spurned.

No doubt in my mind within a year or 2 lads gonna be up there with the best strikers on the planet.

Something tells me after today Utd fans will be staying away from throwing jibes around at him for a while.

5 Likes

His header came off his pony tail :joy:

4 Likes

He somehow manages to score goals you wouldn’t expect anyone to score, yet he frequently misses one-on-ones and some “clearer” situations. Once he learns to deal with that, he’ll become a good goalscorer but it’s his overall game that interests me just as much.

2 Likes

His defensive work really is quality, it’s something we need our players to be able to do and so that’s a massive positive in his plus columns.

13 Likes

His pony tail is world class too.

1 Like

He’s an absolute menace. HIs first half performance saw a good amount of criticism aired, but it was more slopiness than lack of involvement. He’s got that trait of clearly being awful to play against that even when he’s looked like he’s been playing on roller skates you know the FB and CB are SHITTING themselves.

3 Likes

The 1st half it wasn’t the Nunez we normally see his endeavour and speed is normally spot on but until his goal and one run he just looked off it.

Then after the goal he was back to our normal Nunez firecracker

1 Like

I did think he was out of sorts in the first half. There was one time he got the ball with Dalot behind him and he seemed to have no urgency in getting it trapped and moving it. Looked very slow suddenly. I thought he may have been not feeling well.

Second half though he was back to being a man possessed. Its normal for players to have some strange periods over the course of a season.

He’s a frigging terrific player. Love watching him play.

6 Likes

As you said, I actually thought the same, he either looked injured or under the weather

I think perhaps he let the frustration get to him a wee bit as he was giving away few sloppy balls early on but then like you say found his groove and the rest is history :wink:

2 Likes

Feels good to again have a Uruguayan player kissing his wrist after scoring. :slight_smile:

6 Likes