Darwin NUNEZ: 2023/24

Agree with most of this,
But…

Unpredictable and chaotic do not equal “mad” bastard.
That terminology is disrespectful, for him and others tarred with it.

He is unpredictable and has a natural wildness in his play.

1 Like

Has anyone used that terminology except for the one person saying we shouldn’t say that?

Yes

Ok…

I can’t see it anywhere else. But I’ll take your word for it.

Thanks

Actually, since you’re being so weird about it, I did a quick search and the only person on here to have called him a mad bastard is ironically…

Weird?
Fuck sake
I abhor the use of discriminatory and stigmatising language associated with mental illness.

Thats all. If giving a fuck about discrimination is weird then thankfully I am weird.

Oh dear

Best lock this thread, people are turning on each other.

2 Likes

For all the wild moments and funny bits his game is not particularly unpredictable or random at all. He runs in behind, constantly. At times he’s the most predictable player on the pitch. As soon as we beat the press or somebody gets a bit of time on the ball he will make a run off the shoulder. It isn’t that the defenders don’t know what he will do next, they’re just incapable of stopping it. He times his runs too well and is too quick and strong to stop.

Excellent again today. His threat gives everyone else space. The ball is sticking to him when he has his back to goal. Another goal to his tally and another direct contribution. His g/a are great, but he’s also directly involved in loads of other goals that aren’t recorded in these stats.

Top player.

11 Likes

Nunez is a better all round player this season. His presence draws Salah’s markers away and that is enough for Salah to toy with defences today.

3 Likes

That’s from a year ago, and my opinion on him has changed. I probably only called him (affectionately) a mad bastard because I’d heard it on podcasts and social media and so forth, and you still do.

Is changing our minds and thinking different things with new information still a thing? Or is that not very 2020’s?

And FFS weird? I made one post addressing a broad point that Nunez game intelligence doesn’t get credit because there is a narrative about him that he is like a loose horse at the National. Is that ‘weird’ now? Literally the post above mine is from some lad saying he runs around on the pitch thinking about cats and then kicks the ball wherever he likes. That’s the disrespect I’m talking about.

Some words touch a nerve, some statements touch a nerve, but can we, and do we agree that Darwin is Chaos in motion…a wonderful sight to see…

1 Like

He causes ‘chaos’ for opposing players, so I have no problem with anyone calling him Captain Chaos.

1 Like

Looney Tunes Attack GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

The weird I mentioned was Quicksands non-commital single word replies, that’s all.

I didn’t look back to pull you up on it, I just thought it was odd that people were calling out others for calling him a mad bastard, when I didn’t think anybody had. That’s why I checked to look.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and change their opinion. That wasn’t the point I was making when quoting your post. Just showing that nobody was really using that terminology as quicksand seemed to be implying.

Chances are anyone else referring to his ‘chaotic’ nature is also doing it affectionately.

For clarity…
I dislike stigmatising terminology.

Knock yourself out, call him whatever you like.

People on here rightly take offence when sectors of society are described by offensive words. I have banged a drum about discrimination against those with mental health problems ad infinitum.

But I am fucked if I am bothered any more.
It simply isn’t worth it.

Jeezus, still not understanding the point.

For clarity - Nobody is using that terminology except the one person who is telling us it’s disrespectful.

So getting up in arms about people calling him a mad bastard is entirely pointless when nobody on here is actually doing that.

Ok
You don’t get the point.

No one should call anyone by stigmatising names.
Its not cool.

People have used terminology to describe Darwin that cause offence to others…

I dislike the flippancy surrounding the incorrect use of language.

Darwin has been subject to some descriptions that are wide of the mark.
Mad bastard is one.

Honestly
Its a fucking pain in the hoop trying to explain this. Over and over.

Well, unless you have any actual examples then you’re just getting angry about nothing. Which seems pretty pointless. As I’ve shown, nobody is calling him a mad bastard.

1 Like