Darwin NUNEZ: 2023/24

Nunez seems like one of those talented but naughty kids. It’s not that he is deliberately careless or casual, but there’s a restless in him that keeps him making silly mistakes. All those mistakes adds up to an A- where as he could have got an A+.

2 Likes

Good. Shock and awe has served us well in the past.

1 Like
1 Like

Kicking Jones up the arse :joy:

If you were a top player, how could you not want to play for this team?

3 Likes

I£can£t$imagine$why£

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Owen_1906/status/1717645664333504569

I think a lot of this stuff about Darwin being a mad bastard who just brings chaos on the pitch, is getting a bit disrespectful.

He is an intelligent footballer, and the numbers suggest he is contributing a lot more than chaos to the team. The awareness he had to play in Salah last week at Everton shows his maturity and composure.

10 Likes

To me it’s highly respectful because the cliché is that you want a gamechanger, someone who’s unpredictable and can draw defenders to themselves while playing in their teammates, or just taking on defenders and doing it all themselves.

The chaos is just the first part, because I think no one would celebrate his chaos if he didn’t have the delivery of the the second.

Agree with most of this,
But…

Unpredictable and chaotic do not equal “mad” bastard.
That terminology is disrespectful, for him and others tarred with it.

He is unpredictable and has a natural wildness in his play.

1 Like

Has anyone used that terminology except for the one person saying we shouldn’t say that?

Yes

Ok…

I can’t see it anywhere else. But I’ll take your word for it.

Thanks

Actually, since you’re being so weird about it, I did a quick search and the only person on here to have called him a mad bastard is ironically…

Weird?
Fuck sake
I abhor the use of discriminatory and stigmatising language associated with mental illness.

Thats all. If giving a fuck about discrimination is weird then thankfully I am weird.

Oh dear

Best lock this thread, people are turning on each other.

2 Likes

For all the wild moments and funny bits his game is not particularly unpredictable or random at all. He runs in behind, constantly. At times he’s the most predictable player on the pitch. As soon as we beat the press or somebody gets a bit of time on the ball he will make a run off the shoulder. It isn’t that the defenders don’t know what he will do next, they’re just incapable of stopping it. He times his runs too well and is too quick and strong to stop.

Excellent again today. His threat gives everyone else space. The ball is sticking to him when he has his back to goal. Another goal to his tally and another direct contribution. His g/a are great, but he’s also directly involved in loads of other goals that aren’t recorded in these stats.

Top player.

11 Likes

Nunez is a better all round player this season. His presence draws Salah’s markers away and that is enough for Salah to toy with defences today.

3 Likes