Darwin NUNEZ: 2023/24

At that level, most of the players are already excellent technically. Far more time is spent coaching situations and flows so as to impart familiarity - and thereby provide composure. Darwin isn’t missing because he cannot kick a ball straight, coaches are not working with him on that.

2 Likes

Nunez has 10 goals in his last 8-9 Uruguay games. Hopefully he brings that back to Liverpool.

1 Like

He didn’t actually throw a chair in though.

Luckily someone acted quickly. It will probably save him and hurt from anyone.

He went scoreless in the knock out rounds. He didn’t get a goal against the PL top 6 either.

His finishing needs to improve, no argument from me on that.

I still see a player on the cusp of greatness. Many of his chances come because of his incredible athletic gifts.

I’m hopeful that Nunez can be a devastating spearhead in the new team Slot will fashion.

1 Like

Be interesting to see who plays tonight.

1 Like

Darwin plays tonight.

Of course Slot needs to see what ALL the players are capable are ,how they fit in with what he wants.Heaps of players around that a manager can deal with much more so than another manager.
Slot needs to see what Nunez is, how he fits and whether he can manage him…across the board.The little we have seen of Slot so far suggests he will sort out this issue with the player quite quickly, if not he’ll put him on his bike, no one else will need to.
We have all seen down the years, different manager…different result!

1 Like