Darwin Núñez (FW) Benfica

100%, have to make it uncomfortable for defenders. if they get settled it’s hard to get past them.

1 Like

Just checked back into the ‘Make Poverty History’ thread :+1:

2 Likes

Now I’m confused, this doesn’t sound like either Bill Hader or Marcus Rashford :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Dave Okoth Origi.

Rashford cares deeply for the afflicted, the wayward, the simple and flat-out no-hopers, and on his days off he does charity work. (The old ‘pull back and reveal’ :smiley::+1:) (nothing to do with foreskins).

2 Likes

Hey look, what a surprise, we actually have a thread to talk about Manc stuff.

1 Like

Is anyone else refreshing twitter to see any updates of Nunez?

1 Like

We’re getting nostalgic; the flight trackers are out (also Nunez is currently in Uruguay :rofl:)

3 Likes

That photo of of Nunez in a Liverpool shirt isn’t real is it.

1 Like

Cut off his finger on his left when he signs.

:joy:

9 Likes

I was just relying on this thread, but since it’s now the Rashford thread I might go back on twitter.

Although the problem there is everyone is so bothered about breaking the news first, they’re doing it before it’s actually agreed.

3 Likes

Saw that earlier, fair play for him as such a staunch and vocal United supporter (and despite the Forest stuff I’ve come to believe he is genuine) to give us the credit like that for landing him, and not dismissing it - as a lot of their fans are, judging by Redcafe - because of the fee.

6 Likes

I have to admit that while my overarching feeling is to trust in Ward, Klopp, and the rest of the recruitment team, I do have some caution sprinkled into my optimism about the fee we’re paying for a player who still has some holes in his play - namely, his link up play and first touch. Fortunately, Klopp and his staff are more than capable of bringing out the best in him, but it’s still a risk at that fee.

I also hope that the fee for Nunez doesn’t preclude us from going after Bellingham or another quality central midfielder in this window or the next.

1 Like

Ward/Edwards et al are brilliant. Here’s what this summer could look like in terms of transfers, in millions

In
Carvalho -£8
Ramsey -£4
Nunez -£85
Total spend -£97
Out
Mane £30
Minamino £15
Oxlade-Chamberlain £10
Phillips £10
Williams £10
Total receipts £75
Net spend -£22

FYI our average net spend over the past 5 seasons has been -£39 million. By contrast, Arsenal has been -£67 million.

1 Like

Definition of subjective statement. Silly in fact.

Portugal isn’t even a top 5 European league.

For the record, I’ve completely cooled on Nunez. I hope the transfer falls through at that 80 + 20 price. No thanks.

Martin Short Franck GIF

Happy Keep Your Head Up GIF by JCPenney

7 Likes

Nah. No bad vibes. I like Nunez. Just not at that price.

Lol you guys keep being cute. C’mere ya big lunks and I’ll hug you.

1 Like