Darwin Núñez (FW) Benfica

What Does That Mean Bbc Two GIF by BBC

5 Likes

Back to back 20 goal seasons suggest he isnt shit

Imagine playing for that shitshow of a club could bring anyone down. He just needs a fresh start elsewhere and he’ll do well.

4 Likes

It’s basically saying ‘Red Heart. Transfer agreed. Nunez will be directed by Klopp.

Google Translate is similar to Patrice Evra, in that it will give you a gist, but might miss some of the nuances of the Rio Plantanese dialect.

1 Like

20 goals in all comps isn’t that hard for a team where he was one of their main forwards. Sure they’ve underperformed but were still top 4/5 in the PL and had several deep cup runs. He was always a pace merchant and his back injury did for him in that regard.

Almost single handedly got our poorest kids fed through the pandemic, but yeah, it’s all a performance… :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Of course it’s a performance. Doesn’t mean it can’t still have positive results, but it was absolutely performative. I’m of the opinion that pretty much all celebrity political action is performative though.

Indy has spoken!

3 Likes

The defending in Portugal is no worse than the defending in Germany but very few question the scoring records of their top strikers.

4 Likes

Torres?

1 Like

The Comolli algorithm.

1 Like

Reliable supposedly called a few transfers from Uruguayan players correctly

1 Like

German defending is shocking no denying. That’s why I’m still suspect about the likes of Nukuku. Spanish football and English football are the only two reliable leagues imo for stat comparisons to Liverpool players etc

1 Like
1 Like

Still on for that 2:01pm announcement!

1 Like

Romano could drag out someone signing for a fucking package of dog food over several days.

1 Like

As long as there’s a bone-us involved.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen; I’ll be here all week.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be about leagues either, but about playing style. Like if we’re looking at someone playing in a team based more on counter-attacks, how does that transfer to Liverpool? And when it comes to defenders as well; does the team play a style that means frequent 1v1 work for a particular defender, with limited help from others? Does he get more help than he will at Liverpool?

I think this is where Liverpool have been so good under Klopp. A clear image of how they want to play, with a highly collective-focused idea at the core. And derived from that they can define the different roles, and what’s needed to execute them well. Makes it much easier to know what to look for, and to guess or project how a player could perform, than if they’d just buy talent and take it from there.

2 Likes

For the record I wouldn’t take Ronnie Rashford. If he tried as hard at his football like he does with poverty then he might improve slightly!

i like him better already, at least hes got his priorities right…

2 Likes