Darwin Núñez (FW) Benfica

Surely they ain’t going to reject 100ish million.

Probably not, but if United offer the same and higher wages he could pick them. (Not that I think he would)

Basically it’s saying Man Utd have no chance as long as we are in for him.

2 Likes

A lot of journalists have said the hold is us negotiating over where the lump sum ends and the add ons begin

Record, the Portuguese paper who keep breaking the news around this, say that Utd offered a higher lump sum with much lower add ons and this was only kyboshed because Nunez wants us. Wouldnt be surprised if Benfica want a deal structured akin to the one utd submitted instead of what we’re trying to offer and there’ll still be a fair bit of haggling to go on.

4 Likes

Utd have done both those things and been told where to go. Nunez only wants us according to the portuguese media

1 Like

Polydor?

According to the portugues media is the key point.

Maybe we just decide to pull out the deal because Bayern decide thry don’t want Mané.

Maybe Nunez decides he wants to stay.

Point is, it isn’t done until it’s actually done.

1 Like

He needs to score at least 24 PL goals for Liverpool next season, without penalties.

People forget that no matter how much you once loved doing what you now get paid for, something turning out to be your job can suck all the enjoyment out of doing it. Rashford put a lot of himself into the job, playing through multiple injuries for over a year to try to carry the team through a period of epic mismanagement. What he got in return was a club who publicly scapegoated his off the pitch work and a fan base who resorted to calling him “shit”, “a cunt”, and a “shit cunt.”

Rarely have I ever seen a player so much in need of a change in scenery, but Utd simply cannot afford to let him go.

8 Likes

I’ve never really rated him as player, certainly not as much as others have but the moment he got involved in that campaign I really wished he had been at our club. I can only imagine how much support our club would have given to him doing it.

1 Like

We might disagree on some things but you have this 100% correct. The idea that if you do what you love for a living means you never have to work a day again is utter nonsense. However, if you’re being paid, you should be professional even if you don’t enjoy it.

3 Likes

The United issue is nonsense. The issue is between us and Benfica. They are asking for €80 mil in 12 consecutive monthly installments while Ward is offering €2 mil/month.

Rashford has had a crap time for two years, but I’m in the camp that says he is a good player. He has pace, dribbling, and knows where the net is. A change of scenery, under the right manager in the right set up, could see it all begin to flow again for him. He is not old, at all, and could easily have some very fruitful years to come.

As for his charitable work, good on ya fella. The notion of it being perfomative is troubling, because it almost implies he is doing it for the likes, and not for the actual good cause itself. But I suppose there is a sense in which any public figure doing anything for charity can be construed as performative, since their lives are not lived just in the private domain.

Personally, I think Rashford’s background meant he properly cared about hunger, and he leveraged his platform to get some politicians to do what they should have been doing anyway. With the nasty shit levied at our own club and city about food insecurity, poverty and so on, I’d like to think that we would be as quick as our manager in praising Rashford.

I know this isn’t the place for Rashford, but since he is being discussed here I’m joining in. Apologies if that grates.

7 Likes

That sounds like bollocks to me. No way we offer it in monthly instalments let alone 40 of them!

3 Likes

Oh, and Nunez… sign the deal lad! We flying over there with a pen right now!

He wants us. We want him. Man Utd are not as attractive, so they are trying to get in there with better terms to make up for the gap in the current standing of the clubs, but it won’t work.

A bit of back and forth with Benfica, and Bob’s yer uncle.

Buy now pay next summer :wink:

I noticed he has a kid and a partner which bodes well in being settled.

2 Likes

Thank you.
Yes it does. It’s playing havoc with my ocd apart from anything else.

3 Likes

Off course it’s bullocks, I made it up. But no worse than what you have been hearing. :grin:

Fuck him :smiley::+1:

simon cowell facepalm GIF

1 Like