Darwin Núñez (FW) Benfica

So, I’m guessing that there wouldn’t be anything concrete until Monday?

1 Like

Honestly don’t understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist over the price. I couldn’t give a flying fuck. It’s not my money, and our guys have got it right almost every transfer so have earned our trust

8 Likes

The season has just ended. Given how few deals we do, we shouldnt want to hurry this one through :rofl:

2 Likes

Also for the record, I’ve stanned every player we sign. Including Taki. Calling him (at the time) a “better” fit for us than Halaand.

I’m allowed to not feel the same way about one player from time to time.

@WeeJoe please do quote or highlight the posts in this thread you feel are “getting their knickers in a twist” about price. The posts I’ve seen are all rather straightforward. :man_shrugging:

Not sure how old a bloke you are, but when someone’s opinion doesn’t align with yours it doesn’t mean they’re “getting their knickers in a twist”. Seems a bit hyperbolic, no? So if it’s “not your money” why even respond?

Also, trust me when I tell you that Ward and Klopp aren’t reading this board. They’re not going to suddenly change their mind when they see 2 or 3 forum members at TAN express concern over price. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Don’t worry, Nunez will be a Liverpool player!

3 Likes

Exactly. This could well be our last incoming deal this summer so let’s drag it out a bit.

Otherwise all we’re left with is speculating where the likes of Ox, Phillips and Williams end up.

On the subject of Williams, I see Spurs are spending £20m on Djed Spence from Boro. Neco got to be worth at least the same.

2 Likes

I was just wondering if there will be any activities during the weekend.

1 Like

I’ll be having my usual pot noodle/wank combo over the weekend…

I know. My comment wasnt aimed specifically at you, sorry :grin:

Uruguay are playing tomorrow, I think? Maybe we’re going to wait until after that game before we do a medical and finally sign off on everything?

That would probably be prudent.

1 Like

That was worth the 8 minute watch.

From 2:00 to 3:00 Goldbridge does brilliant work explaining the rationale behind the fee. In a much more succinct and mature manner than I’ve seen anywhere yet.

1 Like

Few other fringe players could add to that as well like Sepp van den Berg, Ben Davies and Rhys Williams. Could end up with a zero net spend :grinning:

1 Like

We can still speculate about a midfielder if Nunez is signed by the end of next week.

2 Likes

Good call :joy:

4 Likes

It would be quite easy to like that video. But a few things irk me about what he said. Like that United probably lowballed Benfica with a bid of 60m and we came over the top with 80m and that’s what for the deal done, whereas the reality is that almost certainly Nunez didn’t want to go to a 6th placed team that haven’t hit rock bottom. United in recent history have shown an incredible ability to be out-negotiated by the selling club.

Then him talking about Liverpool not having the budget of a City or Newcastle, overlooking that United are consistently the biggest spenders, and him earlier saying United don’t have an infinite budget. Do United fans really think they don’t have a shit tonne of money spent on their squad every year?

2 Likes

how many wingmen does Peaches need anyway ?

1 Like

The Planes, Trains & Automobiles remake took a strange turn…

2 Likes

Once we have a lean it’ll be all about who else we are signing and itll get unbearable :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

I reckon he’s been signed for days but they have Saul Goodman’s team in filming the big reveal

1 Like