Diogo Jota (LW) Wolves

Yep, as I just said to ILLOK the price makes it looks as if rather than being priced out of Sarr we’ve just decided that Jota is more what we’re looking for, which is great.

Perhaps his availability is something that arose (not sure whether from them or an enquiry from us) during the Hoever talks?

7 Likes

I think Wolves will have high hopes for Pedro Neto too, who looks a natural fit on the left wing. He’s been very impressive whenever I’ve seen him.

2 Likes

Depends how it is structured again.

it might be 35m over 4 years, which means Jota and Thiago will cost us 14m this year.

Also we might have more sales lined up, the bigger picture will be more clear at the end of the window. But all the noises the club have made regards finances and Covid, don’t be shocked once the window is closed if our Net spend is south of 30m

2 Likes

based on absolutely nothing, I imagine it was likely the other way around

1 Like

The price tag is higher than I thought, and I was more intrigued by Sarr’s potential. But in Klopp and Edwards I trust.

Yeah, could be.

1 Like

I’d say Sarr’s ceiling is higher, but his floor is lower. A lot lower. Jota is already pretty much a finished product - with a proven PL pedigree. Sarr would be higher risk/potentially higher reward.

2 Likes

Was looking forward to Sarr potentially coming but I rate Jota.

So, who’s gonna start the GoFundMe for Edwards’ statue?

1 Like

Of course this is not yet done but I thought it would be much more difficult to sign a Gestifute player from Wolves.

1 Like

Perhaps the fee is linked to the high fee we’ve received for Hoever too though? A bit of creative accounting. I don’t understand all that but I know other clubs do it.

3 Likes

Is it just me who thinks he looks like a cross between Aspas and Ings?

2 Likes

The player needs to fit in our group as a human being as well, maybe Klopp has had some talks and this boy was also convincing on a human level etc.

Diogo and Thiago… sounds amazing tbf

8 Likes

I don’t disagree, and Jota still has another leap to make as a 23 year old. But I also think Klopp and his staff can squeeze a lot of potential out of Sarr, and having Mane there to guide him into the squad would have made me even more excited about the possibility of him becoming a star player for is.

During Klopps news conference this morning when he was being asked about announcements he had a cheeky little glint in his eye and I thought then I wonder if it will be one signing today or 2.

Jota would be a great signing. Better option than Sarr

1 Like

I think Thiago speaks Portugese because of his brazilian heritage, and now if Jota comes in he can talk to Thiago, Fabinho, Alisson, Firmino etc

Now lfc can win the easports fifa trophy also

TAA lost against jota in the finals

9 Likes

Should we be worried he’ll injure himself taking the worst corner in history?

4 Likes

As Cilla would have said

“He could do a Jota Jota good”

I’ll get my coat.

4 Likes

Thiago and Jota wow I’m impressed.

1 Like

I think he’s more of a combination type player than Sarr. Though he does have energy and has very good numbers.

I think with this we’re trying to get a proper backup option mainly for that left halfspace.

Either to come in for Mane, or put Salah up top, Mane on the right (also for better cover for Trent in some games).

It’s not like I’m all for either Sarr or Jota, but the AFCON remains a little minus in Sarr’s book.

We also probably found a good deal with Wolves involving Hoever as well.

5 Likes