Diogo Jota (LW) Wolves

I think so, wasn’t he the Wolves player that gave us the most trouble when we played them?

2 Likes

Same.
Gimme pictures

Oh and while I remember
“Where’s the money John?”

1 Like

Also, over on’t Caf - they’re beginning to have a mini meltdown over the possibility of us getting Jota in addition to Thiago.

Some days you just feel like you’re gonna burst, innit?

14 Likes

Very happy with this. Jimenez will miss him. Not that I care.

Im pretty sure his was the goal that was “controversially” ruled out in that “controversial” game, but yeah he gave us fits

2 Likes

Sounds like the man United squad :rofl:

5 Likes

Ah, that’s one of the rare games I missed last term. Forgive me my ignorance… :eyes:

1 Like

:rotating_light: Obligatory Youtube compilation klaxon :rotating_light:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk02-u6K3xY

5 Likes

I believe it was Neto

2 Likes

Yes, definitely. I would say he’s a perfect Klopp player. If this is the Werner alternative then it’s a great bit of business. Wolves forums in meltdown over this. Wolves have just paid £35 million for an 18 year old. You just know that we’re going to pull their pants down.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah it was, Jota was a pain all game mind.

Quite possibly.

He has played CF before but he’s certainly more natural as a winger. I believe he joined them as a wing back, struggled for game time and was chucked on upfront because of his pace and he scored a goal or two. From there he stayed in the team but moved back towards the left wing which is where he plays now.

I’m surprised he’s available at all because apart from the Traore-Jimenez combination Jota is their only other source of goals.

4 Likes

This makes their acquisition of the lad from Porto make a bit more sense. Big expectations for a kid with barely any senior football though if they’re going to rely on him to supply goals.

That came very much out of the blue, he has scored against us, right?

And no problems with Afcon is very much appreciated :+1:

5 Likes

Smacks of a tweaking of our attacking game, not just as an additional option from the bench.

I’m guessing they have high hopes for this Fabio Silva lad, and coincidentally the proposed Jota fee is identical to what they spent on him.

1 Like

Talks between Liverpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers are at an advanced stage and the fee for the 23-year-old Portugal forward is expected to be more than £35 million.

Somewhat surprised at the price tag given the Hoever deal and the reaction to Watford asking for similar for Sarr. So much for not spending in this window!

This has to be related to the China TV deal announced yesterday, no? Otherwise I can’t see why they’d be so splashy with the cash…

9 Likes