Divock Origi (FW) to Wolves

I wonder what system Wolves play. I think they used to play 352 but recently reverted to 433. None of these are suitable for Divock, furthermore, their attack seemed fluid with persons interchanging their positions. They will have to change their system if they want Origi to be useful.

Letā€™s sell him and use the money the build the statue he clearly deserves.

5 Likes

Well, with his current form, he is playing like a statue after all.

2 Likes

It may sound dumb, but I feel the CL and the PL wins broke this lad. He was pretty good. He was working his socks off. After those wins he feels that enough (at least for him) and have lost all the fire and hunger.

4 Likes

The Wolves link is just recycling some old links, and taking advantage of the fact Jiminez is out for an unknown period.

Would be surprised if Wolves went for Div. Heā€™s certainly no replacement for Traore, should he leave. They just bought that Silva lad for a pretty sum and Podence and Neto look decent.

With Jota out, we may well need Div to hang around a bit beyond the Jan window.

Well, we could take Neto, if it helps them accommodate Divock.

3 Likes

We have Harvey Elliot waiting for a slot next season. So unless one of Mane, Bobby or Salah decide to go elsewhere, Iā€™d be surprised if we went for Neto And even if one of the regular front three were to go, Iā€™d expect us to go for a Mbappe or Sancho type.

3 Likes

Neto, Podence and Traore arenā€™t #9s. Silva is but is clearly not ready to start for Wolves and obviously doesnā€™t have the trust of Nuno yet.

Origi ahead of Podence with Neto and Traore either side is a decent front four. Neto and Traore play on their natural sides and have good quality into the box, which theoretically should suit Origi if he can motivate himself enough.

The link makes perfect sense to me apart from the fact heā€™s been terrible this season and Iā€™m a bit surprised Wolves are still interested.

4 Likes

Itā€™s just like our fans really. Someone mentions a name like Dele Alli or Renato Sanches and says ā€œI know heā€™s shit now but imagine what WE could do with him!ā€.

Most Wolves fans donā€™t watch us every week - ā€œThis guy has scored big goals in big games, heā€™d be a great signing!ā€

Most recruitment teams get swayed by people higher up who have experience akin to a fan. I imagine Wolvesā€™ data people would warn against Origi but do we really know if their senior leadership is smart enough to listen to them? At the moment all they do is sign everyone from the same agent.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t Origiā€™s goals per minutes last year like really high?

Shows stats mean fuck all!

1 Like

If a recruitment team uses goals per minute to decide who to sign then that only further proves my point! Very few clubs have smart people in the right places working for them.

2 Likes

i donā€™t think he ever quite recovered from the kiss

11 Likes

Well, it was Valentines Day.

1 Like

You may well be right, but Iā€™m not sure he ever properly recovered (mentally) from being hacked down by blueshite funes mori back in 2016. If you watch him now he runs around a lot but always pulls up short rather than getting stuck into a tackle, or going for the ball as if he fears getting hurt.
Itā€™s a pity, and I feel sorry for the lad (as well as being eternally grateful for his efforts in that comeback in the CL), but currently heā€™s neither use nor ornament and would be best served finding another club.

7 Likes

It was telling that during a game of name the player. When Firmino said ā€œlazyā€, Alisson broke down laughing and said " Origi!!!"

7 Likes

I seem to recall after the Barcelona game that someone was laughing about him and saying he shows up to the game not even sure who are playing against.

2 Likes

Hope he goes so he can leave a cult hero, rather than draw it out and just become a stain.

1 Like

I think this was Milner. In the same interview he mentioned Origi grabbing the ball out the net after scoring THAT goal against Everton and making off for the half way line as if he thought we needed another. Might just have been the emotions of the moment or that he genuinely didnā€™t know the score.

Every players time comes and I think his time was after the CL final but for whatever reason he stuck around. Having done so, heā€™s failed to take the chances given to him often enough and now weā€™ve gone and got Jota.

Writing was on the wall in the summer so his agent should have been working overtime to find him a new club.

3 Likes

Itā€™s sad. He has scored some really important goals for us over the last few years. But the truth is we wonā€™t be any weaker letting him move on or any stronger by keeping him. At this stage heā€™s just a member of the squad we need to try and use in the best way we can within the playing style of the squad. The team doesnā€™t really need him. When the front 3 were backed up by Origi, Shaqiri and Minamino we still needed to bring someone in, we appear to have done really well with picking Jota. But even if we had only had Shaqiri and Minamino we still would have only needed to bring Jota in. Origi is just numbers for the sake of having numbers. Heā€™s not all that useful. Itā€™s a shame as he looked like he could be something for us at one point for just under half a season. But despite some good and some lucky goals which have been important here and there heā€™s never kicked on and still doesnā€™t fit in terms of playing style. Unfortunately using him is just flogging a dead horse these days and the level of effort heā€™s putting in it certainly looks like he knows that himself.

4 Likes

Divock Origi has deleted all his tweets and removed all mentions of Liverpool from his profile. Wonder if it was in error orā€¦

1 Like