Divock Origi (FW) to Wolves

He must know his new club already.

Is it Everton?

1 Like

Doubt it was an error, somewhat childish all the same. We wonā€™t forget the history he created at Liverpool, nor should he.

3 Likes

Donā€™t think itā€™s that childish. Heā€™s about to work for a new employer, he probably should close that chapter professionally and socially so he can prepare mentally for his next step and not just be a note in history. Think itā€™s a bit unfair.

3 Likes

If he does go to Wolves, I hope he tears the league up.! 20-25 goals, no problem with that :0)

Hope he gets a good send of and goes where he wantsā€¦ canā€™t imagine him going to the rabble that schalke are at the moment and I would be disappointed in the club if they shafted him like that.

1 Like

Mmmm a chance at Reuben Neves please.

1 Like

Its already gone! If Edwards pulled that off in January - Origi to Wolves and Neves in PX, I would cheat on Wijnaldum the second he walked away. Edwards would need a shrine.

1 Like

I must admit that Iā€™ve seen Wolves play a fair bit and Iā€™ve never even noticed Neves. That could be me not focusing properly but I just havenā€™t seen what a lot of other people have with him.

2 Likes

Slightly off topic, but the thread is about Wolves :wink:

3 Likes

My guess would be him scoring some long range screamers. But if you compare him to Henderson this year and last then more shots but less likely to score. Less passes and assists but more long range ones. Less forward passes per game and lower passing accuracy but more accurate with long range passing and less ground duels contested and lower percent of them won. Always thought of Neves as a nice, easy on the eye player but never been confident heā€™d fit into a Klopp LFC midfield. But then neither would Alonso.

1 Like

ā€œAlways thought of Neves as a nice, easy on the eye player but never been confident heā€™d fit into a Klopp LFC midfield. But then neither would Alonso.ā€

Have to disagree here about Alonso. I think he would have been great in Kloppā€™s LFC. He was just class.
Agree about Neves though.

3 Likes

Sorry for derailing the Origi thread with this post but i think Neves is a class player,even in this early part of his career,he has a lot in his locker,reads the game well,he can break up play and push forward and attack from midfield,he can see a pass be it long range or short,heā€™s good at free kickā€™s and has an eye for a goal,especially long range bastards from outside the box.

He was also the youngest player to captain Porto before he moved to the Prem,so heā€™s mentally stong,plus good technically and tactically,iā€™m not saying heā€™s the same as Henderson but with the Klopp coaching effect and playing with better players around him,i could see him take a similar trajectory as our captain,after a few years at our club,iā€™d take a punt on him in the not too distant future,if Gini left or Milner retired.

Edit: with him only being 23,iā€™d be very surprised if heā€™s not on our scouted list,thats normally the age we make a move on players,heā€™s cut his teeth in the Prem with Wolves and i know Pep Linders has a thing for this guy,i wouldnā€™t put it past us making a bid during next summer or the year after.

5 Likes

Donā€™t think he was anywhere near as mobile as Klopp would require.

1 Like

If Fabinho can get a game in our midfield thereā€™s no reason why Alonso couldnā€™t.

3 Likes

Surround him with energy, a bit like Pirlo was protected at Juve, and weā€™d still get a class player.

:sunglasses:

Fabinho has played a significant proportion of his career as a flying, attacking wing-back. There is nothing wrong with his mobility. Alonso is/was the better player he just wouldnā€™t fit the work Klopp has the LFC CM do.

1 Like

Yeah just because he played the position of RB in his career I donā€™t think anybody has ever classifed him as flying and attacking till now.

5 Likes

Now get back to Divock Origi discussions.

9 Likes

Yes boss :crazy_face:

Id be happy to see the back of him.

2 Likes