Divock Origi (FW) to Wolves

Fabinho isn’t significantly more mobile than Alonso was.

We’re talking about a player who was great in England, Germany and Spain, winning multiple league titles, Champions Leagues and domestic cups.

A player who received 114 caps for Spain in an era they were particularly good in midfield.

He’d make an excellent number 6 in the way we set up. Ideally he’d be more mobile but he’s a more positionally disciplined and intelligent midfielder than Fabinho as well as being better with the ball. It’s a no brainer that Klopp would pick him, there isn’t a team in club football that Xabi couldn’t play in.

4 Likes

He’s an awesome player. I really like Diogo at Wolves and Neto is just another one I’ve admired from afar. NES does an excellent job with his team and they’re exciting to watch, just add Neto into our squad and he’ll just shine. Only thing I don’t get is why NES would make a move like this, he’s downgrading his squad, already done that with Diogo IMO.

Yeah, there seems to be a myth that’s sprung up that if you can’t run 15km a game at a top speed approaching that of an Olympian that you can’t fit a Klopp team. That is seriously undermining how tactically savvy Jürgen actually is.

1 Like

If Origi is off then he goes with our appreciation for some excellent moments. We all know the score… didn’t quite kick on or become the consistent player we hoped he might, but when you are parting company you take the high road and say the good stuff.

Also, on the social media stuff, these things are all carefully managed, so I doubt it is a hissy fit. If he has taken his LFC related stuff down then it is simply because he’s off to a new club, and if so, good luck to him.

Remember Coutinho wearing a Barcelona shirt before he signed? We were up in arms, or at least some of us were. It was unseemly. I see the social media thing in that sort of way. He’s just getting ready to be ‘branded’ with his new club.

Anyway, if he’s off, good luck big Div, and thank you for some smashing memories.

5 Likes

I think with xabi it was more a case of his intelligence that would have enabled him to succeed with Klopp. I agree he wasn’t the quickest but he read the game so well I think that would have been fine.
Didn’t he play under Pep at Bayern? He did pretty well there if I recall.
Apologies for derailing the Divock thread.

[quote=“RedOverTheWater, post:65, topic:1390, full:true”]
If Origi is off then he goes with our appreciation for some excellent moments. We all know the score… didn’t quite kick on or become the consistent player we hoped he might, but when you are parting company you take the high road and say the good stuff. [/quote]

I do agree with this part of it, Big Div was in the middle of iconic moments for the club that will last a lifetime.

Having said that, I’ve always got the sense from him he feels he’s owed something. He cannot continue to live on that glory forever. His body language and work ethic has been nothing short of appalling. When we talk about potential transfer targets we hear that Player X or Player Z “not being good enough for Liverpool Football Club”, and unfortunately Divock Origi finds himself in that category. Being completely honest with ourselves, Big Div is still collecting wages every week and he’s done nothing with the minutes he’s been given. I don’t blame The Boss one bit for wanting to look at other options.

The social media stuff is petty and reeks of a pout, but this is the age we are living in. I’m not fussed about that part of it either way.

1 Like

He was never the same after he cut the dreadlocks. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Even if you’d ask him, what you’re good at, I seriously doubt he’d know it himself, let alone show it in at least 2-3 games in a row. I remember it was 2015 when Klopp already after the first few games of seeing him told him that he needs to use his pace and physicality to make offers in behind, rather than come towards the ball so much (can be good if you’re good at it, can be also lazy). He then went on to have a decent season. But I never got the feeling that he does something consistently. What does he want to do? What makes him happy? Wander around the final third and pop up with a cult moment here and there? I initially liked him as a transfer and talent, but this is not good enough for a long time I’m afraid.

3 Likes

I think back to that time Divock took himslf to the middle of Anfield and just stood, alone, staring at the Kop. There was something very bittersweet about that moment, beauiful memories? final goodbye? what could have been as a regular starter?

I think he knew then his time with us was up, and this season he has been very insignificant when called on to play - the zest has gone from him, and that is so sad. For those pleased to see him go, just stop that, without his actions on the pitch we wouldn’t be where we are, or won what we have. We owe him a massive debt of thanks for his wonder goals.

For me he will always be a hugely respected Red, I wish him the very best wherever he goes.

14 Likes

Think he knows he’s gone in Jan. Probably all done and sorted hence the profile bio change. At least he can leave on a high note rather than drag it out and leave on a bad note. Gave us some good memories and won us some big games in the end. Probably should have kept the dreads as I can’t remember him scoring since he cut them.

3 Likes

Wolves is probably a bit too high profile for him. And i don’t think he’ll fit their style of play.

But then i suppose he’s a premier league and a Champions league winner for Liverpool. I think has the attributes necessary , just didnt seem to kick on after the cunt funes mori hacked him down

1 Like

The Athletic:

Wolves make Luka Jovic enquiry as interest in Liverpool’s Divock Origi cools.

Wolves have made a loan enquiry for Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic, reports Tim Spiers.

Wolves have whittled some 30 strikers down to a handful but Liverpool forward Divock Origi is, at the moment, not a priority.

3 Likes

Inter Milan are interested, apparently. Would be a great move for him but I wonder if we would get the price we want from an Italian club, even one that seems to have money?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9092401/Inter-Milan-ready-make-January-Divock-Origi-Nerazzurri-join-Wolves-running.html

4 Likes

It never happens, but a swap for De Virj or Skirinar might help our situation.

1 Like

It’s not too far fetched. I like it. Škriniar only has slightly more ££ value.

EDIT: Actually maybe more than a little. Tottenham (reportedly) offered £45M??

2 Likes

Skriniar has been pretty good, don’t think anything lesser than 45 will be considered.

1 Like

Hopefully someone reminds Inter that Big Div is a CL and PL champion. He has more silverware than Lukaku. He can be worth £35m, and we can throw some change their way.

1 Like

I fail to see anyone being interested in origi other than Bournemouth who buy our surplus to requirement players.

2 Likes

Crystal Palace. Come on woy , throw us a lifeline here

2 Likes

Boat has sailed on de vrij , he will be a matip type situation wrt injuries and we cant handle one more.

I dont think hes as good as matip but then i rate matip among the top 10 cb right now (when fit) across as leagues

1 Like