Dominik Szoboszlai (AM) RB Leipzig

None.

Stevie, without the English physical combativeness. Tall, deceptively quick, strikes the ball incredibly, but doesnt put much stock in protecting it or keeping it safe.

This is a couple of years old now, but still largely holds true

2 Likes

Donā€™t know much about him but as far as the winning mentality goes, i think its safe to say that Dominik is hungary to win more titles.

1 Like

Will Smith Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Hopefully we get it done, as he seems ready for the first team.

If we pay an amount in the area of the release fee, I wonder if that will be it for the budget?

Ideally we also get a more defensively minded midfielder (although maybe Bajcetic is earmarked for that, and a couple of our old timers will be on hand as young Stefan continues to emerge?)

And we need a central defender too, probably Van de Ven.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming youā€™re talking in terms of treatment room?

Doubt weā€™ll activate the release clause until tomorrow night.

But Iā€™ll be happy to be proved wrong.

Think we will try to lower the price and it could go on for weeks.

Far from done.

i dont think we will activate it.
we will wait until its expired and bid 35-40m

3 Likes

Release clause is Ā£60,5m.

Guess weā€™ll offer Ā£45m plus bonuses Ā£8m. Something like that.

Ā£20m plus Ā£40.5m bonuses

Iā€™m starting to think this is likely. The player being really keen to join us strengthens our position as well.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if we try to argue that if the release clause represented true market value then someone would have paid it.

4 Likes

Does anyone really, truly, honestly, genuinely, sincerely, hand on heart believe this is a deal we can do? Itā€™s a pipe dream and Iā€™m sorry for anyone who canā€™t see that.

What foxes me, is that our problems last season were largely due to having a porous midfield, which the opposition regularly batted aside to expose our back four. How will signing an AM solve those problems?

Fix those problems and then look to enhance our creativity. Midfield is where games are won and lost after all.

He presses like a madman. He makes very few tackles, but he works really hard to close the ball down and dictate where the opponent can go.

6 Likes

Yeah, I feel like midfield is going to be more like a collection of high-energy pressing monsters as opposed to one Masch-style destroyer being responsible for breaking up all attacks. Collective effort.

Or we keeping picking Fabinho and making sad trombone noises all seasonā€¦

1 Like

There is nothing stopping us doing that today. Just because thereā€™s a release clause doesnā€™t mean you have to pay that. It means if some does bid that theyā€™re obligated to accept it.

If thereā€™s any interest in our part the release clause is an irrelevance to us I imagine because weā€™ll not want to pay that in one lump sum.

We seem to have a good relationship with the Red Bull teams. The fact we found a deal with them for Carvalho despite their opening offer being something very different gives me confidence that theyā€™re pragmatic with their transfer dealings and are more flexible than perhaps other clubs.

Donā€™t know why but feel this one has more legs than other names that have been mentioned so far but wouldnā€™t expect the release clause to be something weā€™re looking to trigger. Far more likely weā€™re trying to work out a different deal with Leipzig.

3 Likes

And he was like 19 or 20 for this match, right? So goodā€¦

https://twitter.com/JustLuboMerkov/status/1674520527447154689?s=20

1 Like

There are clubs that probably donā€™t care about market value and would pay anyway :see_no_evil: