Downunder Thread

Bogans are a bit different to Chavs though, I think.
More rural, rougher, more likely to have a mullet.

Not that I’m an expert.

[quote=“Bekloppt, post:226, topic:1899”]
Bogans are a bit different to Chavs though, I think. [/quote]

Perhaps.

Not necessarily. It’s more an attitude. The mullet thing is back in fashion amongst some subgroups again and can be ironic (not in the case of that golfer though!).

theres no real definition of a bogan, its not like a Mod where you dress a certain way, or a skinhead, or a yuppie…

Bogans to me, IMHO, are a wide ranging group, both a bit rough around the edges and somewhat embarrassing to see, but other bogans a source of pride…i often think of the bogan as someone who is stereotyped as being a bit basic, xenophobic, Murdoch press reading, cold chisel listening, VB drinking kinda dude, but the reality in a lot of cases is that the humble bogan (in my circle ) is more than willing to give everyone a fair fair go, doesnt mind a bit of a racist joke but happily takes bogan jokes on the chin, would give you, or anyone else whos a decent soul whios having a honest crack the shirt off his back.

loves a fire pit too…

gotta have a fire pit.

if you dont have a fire pit, you cant be a bogasn.

1 Like

Who doesn’t love a fire pit?

1 Like

exactly.

not saying its the realms of just the bogan, just saying you cant be a bogan without one.

its also better if its a old washing machine drum, or a 44 gallon drum cut in half.

if you go for one of the more designer ones, you can still be a bogan, but its more likely youll be a ‘cashed up bogan’…which does lean towards an inult…

It’s much more complex than you’d think.

1 Like

Most of my mates fit that Bogan description Redbj -love the Murdoch Press attribute. Don’t forget the Ute.

Jeff Foxworth used to do some absolutely brilliant redneck jokes - many of which could very easily be swapped for bogans, but I think that whilst there are strong similarities between bogans and rednecks, lumping them together is probably a bit too easy.

Although he did make 1 observation once which I think could be the closest to a definition of both rednecks and bogans. It is a glorious (temperoy or permanant) lacking of sophistication

On my way to Sydney in two weeks.
Can’t wait!

Will there be drought, fires, floods, plagues of mice?

Looking forward to some barramundi :wink:

1 Like

That is only in zone 2.

First you need to get past the killer snakes, murderous spiders and drop bears

And prehistoric jokes :wink:

bahahahhaahhaahaaa!!!

if I ever find the video of “the one in the red dress” again I’ll watch it on loop.

Yep, I know exactly which one you mean - fucking hilarious

it’s the one I remember from my time there that I cannot find on the usual video catalogs. same time as this beauty.

and this one:

Hope no-one here is affected by this…

Not only did Optus email telling me my details had been breached and to beware online etc they then proceeded to send me a phone bill which is $30 more expensive than it should be. I won’t be paying it as it requires me to upload my card details on the Optus app (which they warned me against). Just taking their advice. And how do I know if it’s the hackers pulling a scam or not?! They can get stuffed! I’ve registered to join the class action suit being filed against them.
I need to get a new drivers license, passport etc now, but instead of covering the costs for that they’ll just cut off my service, bastards!

No place like home, eh?

1 Like

Always found that TEDs tongue ad weird. (Also never liked Tooheys)

The Bundy ads:

And the QLD redneck reality:

1 Like

True. It’s nothing like home :wink:

1 Like

Kick off at midnight? Blimey! :wink: