England National Team

I can`t wait to see him back in his rightful place alongside Lindelof forming a solid defence for United.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Mostly bad but Harry Maguire is spot on, probably plays like him as well.

1 Like

England train with migrant workers.

Fuck off!

Why ‘fuck off’?

Netherlands did that too.

And lose 2-0.

1 Like

Yip, if they were asked to play on the graves of the migrant workers they would have spun it into “we only played for 89 minutes and held a minutes silence out of respect”.

1 Like

Watching England, i would say you definitely need alcohol :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

You can have them. This is one of the weakest English teams I’ve seen in a while. There’s not a single player that gets into a current world XI or Euro XI, nor into an all time England XI or even a current century English XI.

1 Like

Trent would if England had a top manager

I keep hearing pundits out there, & well respected ones too coming out saying if we don’t win anything with this crop of players then we never will. Cough Redknapp and Shearer Cough

The time for that was under Capello when we had a midfield of Scholes Gerrard and Lampard, a defence of Cole Neville Rio and Terry and forwards in Rooney Walcott and Becks.

3 Likes

I think that is a bit unfair.

After all some teams will be taking the knee. That will make those rotten Qatari’s shape up their human rights abuses.

I just picked on England because it’s their thread.

It’s a condescending PR stunt.

3 Likes

That went well.

2 Likes

Good as they could have hoped.

Generally some good build up play.

1 Like

England were better than I expected. Lots of attacking threat and goals in the team. Mind you, let’s see if they keep it up against better opposition.

The defence is not as strong as it needs to be though, and won’t hold out against the better sides.

Could make for some interesting games, with goals at both ends.

2 Likes

I was thinking today (yes, I know me thinking is dangerous) that this England squad really looks suited to a 3-5-2 formation.

If I were Southgate I would look at something like

T-Rex

White --- Coady --- Stones

TAA ------------------------------------------Trippier

Mount ---Rice --- Bellingham

Kane ----- Wilson

Give TAA and Trippier the freedom to bomb forward and ping crosses into the box for Kane and Wilson, with Mount and Belingham pushing forward in midfield to get intot he box supporting the front 2 while Rice can sit and protect the back 3, who are all capable on the ball so playing out from defence shouldn’t be an issue. And they don’t have the added stress of needing to sit deep to cover for Slabhead’s lack of pace or shite turning circle

Against the better sides we will switch to 3CBs and in turn loose all the fluidity in midfield that trio had. Tactical flexibility is really beneficial, but while this group can play in two different ways, they seem to do it in a way that has no continuity in approach when they make the switch.

Did anyone catch what happened to Maguire to force him off. I looked and couldnt see anything and so concluded he was just acting after being embarrassed at losing the Iranian guy running in behind him.

1 Like

He was rubbing his eyes and dazed. I reckon he was seeing double or something. Either through his lack of quality or maybe he got hit earlier or something by a stray arm

King Harry back in training.

1 Like

Com’on Wales!

1 Like