England National Team

Same old England isn’t it.

Pick players who are class for their clubs, they play like morons for England

Another team relying on Bellingham too much.

Brazil just have the extra quality in them especially in defence.

I think that drastically over states it. Possession has been fairly even, and it’s not like that was Brazil’s first opening.

Their goal came from a mistake made with a much changed backline. The issue for England is we made similar mistakes with what was seemingly the frst choice back line 2 or 3 times earlier that Brazil just werent able to capitalize on

Offside…but not interfering with play…so not offside…:scream::scream::scream::scream:

No, not offside at all.

The line was drawn.

1 nil down and no urgency or plan to push forward and score, Southgate a poor coach

Thought the lines showed Endrick off…but not interfering…:blush::blush:

That’s the sort of England performance that has me shrugging my shoulders with a big meh.

I look at the players, and there’s the makings of a very good team, but then stick that England shirt on them, and they looked like they had no idea, especially in the final third. Part of that is surely down to Southgate’s coaching too, as it just looks so uninspiring, with the whole very much less than the sum of its parts.

Only a friendly, blah blah blah, but England played the game in front of Brazil, not getting behind them, or really stretching them. A little bit of organization and England looked out of ideas.

1 Like

I get you. Yeah, maybe. But there were two other more serious shouts in the move, Vini on the main through ball and Endrick on the rebound, both both of those were fine as well

1 Like

Foden had maybe 4 or 5 touches all game. Completely anonymous.

Southgate…lots of very good performances…important individual performances.

Guy is clueless

Chillwell was very good ?

The problem for Southgate is that was a performance of a makeshift side, but if wasnt a million miles from what you’d think is his preferred side. Obviouly Kane was missing, and he might stick a fit Shaw ahead of Chilwell, but I dont think either of those changes changes the dynamic. Shaw vs Chilwell is like for like and there was such a lack of quality possession in the final third that is not fixed by bringing in a better striker to finish chances we just didnt make.

For Foden to be so anonymous, as he often is with England, just says there is no established pattern of play. It isn’t a long way from being a good side, but I just dont think even Southgate’s biggest advocates would argue he has shown he can address the things that seem to be missing.

Fixed it.

1 Like

Southgate will fit right in at United with his clueless tactics.

1 Like

Just read the match reports, great news

Watched the first half then flipped it over to watch Canada v Trinidad. The latter was much better to watch.

On the other hand, I remember a lot of Brazil sides with “stars” but just thrown onto the pitch without much sense or balance. Like in 2006. A guy like Gomes is a bit random there last night, but in last years it’s been too much Casemiro and some too offensive players around him. Similar to how it happens at United. A double pivot of Casemiro and Paqueta isn’t enough to win at the top level these days. Was a key error in the last WC campaign. Should’ve used Guimaraes more in between a “Casemiro” and a “Neymar”.

I like Gomes and think he’s got a lot of potential so I think the “weirdness” of that reaction is more a reflection of how powerful the premier league is. These are players who traditionally would have been playing for Porto, Benfica, Ajax and now they’re at relegation threatened premier league teams because that is where the money is.