England National Team

Another City player off injured…Stones done for.

Fuck up by Pickford…1-0 Belgium

Oh and Chilwell is still shit

1 Like

Be fit for Sunday.

Nice pen 1-1

Laughable attempt at defending there by Dunk

Ughhh Chilwell.

Sunday league player at best

Playing Dunk is the perfect illustration of my comment about Southgate not really trying to solve their problems. It’s one thing to be forced into playing Maguire at tournament time because you have no one better and then playing a risk averse game to protect your weaknesses. It’s another to not actively look for solutions. He’s got a really promising young player on the bench in Braithwaite who very well might fail, but also might thrive under the responsibility. Yet he turns to Dunk, who is decent, but you know isnt going to be a solution. This whole friendly window feels like a missed opportunity

Does Southgate know he has some players on bench?

1 Like

Who out of Gomez and Konsa is he playing at CB?

Jude Bellingham saves the night with a great equaliser.

1 Like

It’s coming home

Why select Gomez if he is clearly not intending playing him this is a friendly

For me Quansah is better than either starting CB in yesterday’s game, but keep it quiet don’t want him being poisoned by Southgates coaching or lack of

2 Likes

Some things never change… :joy:

1 Like

Germany, penalties, Harry Kane to inexplicably fuck it up, pizza advert?

1 Like

England only have the CB problem to take care off. Apparently , Southgate doesn’t rate the CB partnership of Stones / Gomez with Quansah in reserve.

The midfield is more or less sorted with the likes of Rice , Bellingham , Trent being amongst the first choice picks(Even scarily good on paper)

The only problem i see with the team is Pickford being picked over the likes of Ramsdale and Pope. But neither Ramsdale or Pope make a case that they are clearly better than Prickford.

All that said and done , Southgate’s got a problem of plenty and you’ll know that he’ll fuck up the team selection. He’d do well to take the likes of Jones , Elliot & Mainoo but he’d rather stick with Kalvin Phillips (who’s stuck in a Kelvinator Fridge) , Conor Gallagher , Jordan Henderson and Ruben Loftus Cheek.

I think he should take some bold calls and get the likes of Solanke in as well as a backup to Kane but that call mostly won’t happen as he’ll persist with the likes of Rashford.

1 Like

And about Quansah , whisper it softly again.

People went gaga over De Ligt 3 years back when he was in Ajax but Quansah with his maturity and improvement from game to game is probably ahead of where De Ligt was when he was in Ajax. Not that it’ll be reflected in the transfer market though.

Quansah for me is our best CB on the ball, VVD has a great crossfield ball but for me isn’t as good as Jarrell.

Imthink Jones would have made thismsquad if it hadn’t been for his injury.

I don’t rate Maguire or Konsa.

Midfield is good, however the front 3 needs tweaking, Watkins has looked out of his depth for England, but who else is there?

Foden , Saka with Kane upfront and Solanke the substitute should probably be the way to go. Saka’s been inconsistent lately but he’s always in the game. I like Watkins but I don’t see him clicking on.

Bloody ell I had forgotten about Saka not sure Solanke has the game for England too similar to Watkins

Virgil’s long passing is some of the best in the business, at least from a CB. Quansah has a decent one, especially from LCB. But noticed that a lot of his long attempts from RCB went out of play.

1 Like