England National Team

I’d play Stones and Guehi.

Dunk seems similar to Maguire to me.

2 Likes

Gareth still experimental in the final test before the tournament.

He could also go 4141 and get Bellingham in there instead of Mainoo.

Absolute pedestrian football from England

1 Like

Wembley crowd underwhelmed at the moment how did Gordon make the team he is kak and Mainoo just walking around why is he ahead of Elliott

1 Like

Iceland is keeping them at bay quite easily Trent in the last game created so many dangerous plays without straining a muscle
0-1 down interesting to see what the manager will come up with in the second half

Trent on for 30sec…plays best pass of the game.

1 Like

I see Konsa came on for Stones. I assume he has come on at CB?

I was asked this morning by my German doctor how often I drink alcohol.

I said that I usually have a couple of bottles when the football is on.

He said that I needn’t worry about drinking too much as England would be out after the group stages.

I mentioned that I lived in Scotland for most of my life, and he suggested that I should pace myself…

He then remembered who Scotland are playing in the opening game.

5 Likes

haha,

And the English claim that Germans don’t have a sense of humour

Did (parts of) Wembley really boo England at stages last night?

Incredible support. :joy:

Maybe it is just the way I view these things… but surely, Southgate is getting well paid, to have one of the easiest jobs in world football. All he has to do to keep ‘blagging’, is put out experimental sides, players being put in different formations to see how they perform etc…
If he was any good, this England team of his would be flying now… beating everyone they play.
Instead, we have a disjointed side that keeps the media pressure from mounting on Southgate, because without a settled side, or format, it is a lot harder to produce the evidence of how crap he is as a manager…!
Hope he is in charge at Old Toilet next season

1 Like

Wayne Rooney’s take on Trent. Next time they meet :rofl:

Defensively he is all over the place. He can’t defend. I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the middle of the pitch.

I have no problem playing him at right-back but I wouldn’t have him anywhere near centre midfield.

3 Likes

Wayne Rooney, cut his managerial teeth at Derby/DC United/Birmingham City. Amassed a very unimpressive 28% win rate (I looked it up). Not gainfully employed as a coach or manager any more after his brief showing so far.

Great player. Can’t take that away from him. But like many others found, it doesn’t necessarily translate to being able to coach or manage. He is as entitled to his opinion on Trent as anyone, but it has no weight.

Unlike, er, Wayne Ballooney.

3 Likes

Will be manager of Plymouth Argyl next. Prob just reinforces your point.

2 Likes

Well, there are loads of retired grannies on the south coast.

Just saying…

5 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

https://x.com/adidasfootball/status/1801162370900754917

2 Likes

Putting all the pressure on one player while haven’t the best squad in the tournament.

1 Like

It’s the English way. The stories about how he’s an over rated primadona have already been written. They’re just waiting to fill in the [insert opposition team] sections with whatever team knocks us out before they publish it

3 Likes