England National Team

Havent seen a single game if the euros. Flicked over to one game and saw that Oliver was officiating. Turned over after 2 minutes.

Enjoying this thread though.

1 Like

I did ask about moments of individual brilliance.
Got, well, one at least. Appreciate the efficiency.

its been quite a good tournement to be honest, maybe also being in a ā€˜traditionalā€™ football country helps that, but yeah, its been fun.

ive been very impressed with Austriaā€¦if you only watch one game, id suggest one with them involved would be worth it if they continue playing the way they have doneā€¦spain have been good, Germany lovely to watchā€¦

1 Like

Im struggling to get back into football after last season to be honest. Theres nothing that makes me go ā€œI must watch thatā€ or any disappointment if I miss a game.

1 Like

England have been shite, no doubt about it. Topped the group and advanced to the last 8 now, but they have been shite. Iā€™m not being ironic, itā€™s true. I can see how that probably boils the piss of a proud Scot :joy: A shite England side advancing with a last gasp effort. Grrrrā€¦.

Scotland had some of the best fans and the Tartan Army were a real credit. The team battled and gave their all, were not good enough, and got the first plane back home.

What all this means for England v Switzerland I donā€™t know. You would have to think England must improve their level if they want to progress.

1 Like

When Slotā€™s Liverpool side gets its first win, you will hopefully feel something.

I canā€™t wait for proper footy to start up again, and I canā€™t wait to see what we will do under Slot. The international stuff I can take or leave.

2 Likes

Will Wharton get to kick a ball in this tournament? Tony Gordon hasnā€™t played yesterday I wonder whether it is because Southgate heard that he was going to join Liverpool as he seems quite allergic to our players?

Thatā€™s what all the foreign sports journalist were baffled about the fact that England as soon as they went 2:1 up retreated into a low block formation they were expecting them to go for the throat and impose themselves? They do that against Switzerland they will get beat as they are a well organised and technical team.

2 Likes

You should have watched the Spain match your faith would have been restored I am certain .

3 Likes

Hope it continues

1 Like

Maybe. Really enjoying kitesurfing again at the moment. If the weather continues as it has over the last few weeks that will keep me busy until the clocks go back and possibly the odd slot over the weekends. With luck Iā€™ll be able to keep the weekends going till Christmas.

Iā€™ll then think about how cold it is.

1 Like

Worse than the performances, there is a vibe coming out of the camp, at least from the ones put in front of the media to speak about it, that the fans are being unreasonable and the playersā€™ frustration with them is vindicated byā€¦umā€¦squeaking past Slovakia.

There is nothing wrong with holding your hands up and admitting you have collectively struggled. You might find the fans get behind you more if you didnt come across as such dishonest, sheltered whiners.

5 Likes

First half he was largely quiet except briefly towards the end of the half I thought. He wasnā€™t seeing much of the ball. Despite taking up some good positions between the lines, he wasnā€™t really breaking forward much. What was noticeable was his moaning to his team mates at not getting the ball.

Had a much better performance in the second half as he was getting more space and the ball to attack with. his goal was slighty reminiscent of the one by Platt against Cameroon or Belgium all those years ago.

I thought Slovakiaā€™s movement of the ball was much more fluid than Englandā€™s.

1 Like

wewere talking about the first half of the first englansd game of the tournement

1 Like
2 Likes

Just watched an ITV montage of action video and interview clips of Bellingham, clearly attempting to stick him on a Ballon Dā€™or type pedestal.

It actually made him look and sound like a horrible arrogant twat.

Canā€™t be. Heā€™s an England international footballer.

1 Like

Looks like weā€™ve got a good chance on Saturday. All the Swiss players are injured.

15 Likes

Ffs beat me to it.