England National Team

He’s in charge of Bayern they probably hate him anyhow.

I can’t wait to see the “It’s not right a German in charge” lot.

It will boil their piss perfectly.

3 Likes

Brexit means Brexit. We did not vote for this to have a German in charge of Ingerlund

5 Likes

Tuchel in charge of England… what could possibly go wrong?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I do wonder if international football might work out well for him. Fewer matches might ease the tensions between him and players/board which is usually the issue he has when he moves to a club?

2 Likes

Him taking them to a final…& actually winning. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Doing the England job to its best requires you to make decision you will get fucking hammered for (why are we playing Michael Carrick in midfield when Dafoe who is always likely to nick you a goal is left the bench?). It’s the how do you pick a team that makes use of Totti and Del Piero when they are so alike? Have the balls to only ever play one of them at a time challenge

Someone who is used to being disliked maybe starts from a better place in making those decisions and having them sit comfortably with him.

4 Likes
1 Like

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1846245666831417843?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

1 Like

Feels really odd.

Wondered if he had interest in Germany but with the Klopp stuff the door was closed.

I don’t think Germans care enough about the English to make him a pariah.

6 Likes

5 Likes

They only people getting upset are the Reform football fans English jobs for English people.

3 Likes

Good luck to the new England National team manager post Herr Tomas Tuchel, you have my full support as an England supporter😊.

2 Likes

This will be fun to watch

edit, let the meltdown begin :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I think he is the best man for the job. I can’t think of anyone who is better, who realistically might have been in the running.

He is tactically sound, reads the game well, sets up a team, and has a good idea about the game. He is a leader and won’t kowtow to any of the big names he can select from.

England are lucky to have a decent amount of talent right now, but the key will be in forming a team, not necessarily in selecting as many flashy ‘stars’ as possible. It needs a leader who is comfortable enough in his own skin to make a bold decision, and he has that in his locker.

The one common complaint that comes up is his habit of falling out with people. At that point, I suspect the international game might help with this, as he will be spending less time with everyone. The other part of this is that in the past a lot of the fallout he has experienced has been to do with recruitment, and being backed. That part of the club game is not a factor in international football.

Tuchel, when he decides to, can be very charming and engaging. I expect him to handle the press quite well and do well in the job. He came into the Chelsea job and in short order harnessed them to win the Champions League, beating Man City in the final.

England will obviously be hoping he might be able to repeat that magic and win the World Cup, or if not that, the Euros. I think they have a chance.

I wouldn’t want him near the Liverpool job, but strangely, I think he is a good fit and will do well for England.

6 Likes

Obviously the best thing about Tuchel getting the England job is that he won’t be replacing van Hag any time soon. We certainly don’t want a good coach who knows how to win taking the reins at OT.

I think this will be good for England as he’s a lot more tactically astute than any English coach and I can’t see him playing favourites. Maybe Barney Ronay will get his wish and this will result Kane retiring from international football after Tuchel drops him.

2 Likes

Haha loving it.

I assume someone will be suggesting it’s “woke” soon.

4 Likes

9 Likes

I’m going 100% guess Kemi Badenoch will have something to say.

1 Like

Presumably “Two World Wars and One World Cup”, which will leave Tuchel scratching his head as to why a country would brag about only winning one international trophy.

4 Likes