England National Team

While the above is kind of correct, the problem is that he behaves like a twat far too often.

1 Like

The English sports media takes it a new level of cringe.

Iā€™m not a fan of Tuchel but the fact is that heā€™s won nearly all there is to win in club football including the champions league.

But the English sports media would rather someone who couldnā€™t hack it in club football be given the job.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think German fans particularly like him.

3 Likes

And it must be eating up Tuchel inside.

No matter what he does in his career , heā€™s always going to be looked as inferior to Klopp.

Heā€™s always going to be the second choice etc for the German team.

If it motivates him to win the World Cup with England, Iā€™ll take it.

3 Likes

As a pure coach , heā€™s very very good.

This just might be what England need

1 Like

https://x.com/England/status/1846503969121615954
https://x.com/i/broadcasts/1BdGYEggaPBGX

1 Like

I do think someone like Tuchel will integrate Trent in the team well.

Whether itā€™s with a 3 CB formation with Trent as a RM or it is with Trent either inverting as a inverting right back or playing as a conventional RB.

Tuchel has that flexibility about his playing style to get the best off of his players.

1 Like

Aww, this is so lovely!:slightly_smiling_face:. He didnā€™t have to do this before his press conference.

The skeptical England supporters need to give him a chance.

1 Like

This appointment has made me do a complete 180. Iā€™m all in for England now.

I heard Redknapp and Fat Sam on the radio this morning, and the borderline xenophobic rubbish they are spouting can GAGF.

My dream would be for some Tuchel silverware, followed by Old Toilet poaching him for a more localised implosion.

5 Likes

Youā€™re an Aussie.

Hang your head in shame.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be necessarily against that.

When Timmy Cahill nodded one in against Japan in the 2006 WC, I bought an Everton shirt.

1 Like

The fallibility of memoryā€¦

Could have sworn there was a header in there, but both goals were with his feet.

4 Likes

This makes me very conflicted. I actually buy the general argument being made by Sam Wallace and Barney Ronay that this sort of outsourcing by established nations cheapens international football. Obviously there is a very fuzzy line we see a lot with players, but acknowledging that fuzziness doesnt have to make you accept that hiring a manager with no connections to the country or its football system is a good thing. But trying to argue that position puts you uncomfortably close to mouth breathing idiots.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is exactly what Fat Sam said.

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s me going back to bed for the rest of the day then

3 Likes

I thought to myself, ā€˜From whose mouth would that argument sound more ridiculous?ā€™

I went with Allardyce. I stand by my choice.

2 Likes

Prince William, the Prince of Wales, reacted to the news on social media, saying: "Exciting times for England, with a generation of talented players and a new manager taking the reins.

ā€œWe outsourced our monarchy to the Germans so may as well give them the england managerā€™s job as well.ā€

6 Likes