Euro 2020 Archive Thread

That pitch…

lol

Well done Belgium for sending those thugs home.

I hope De Bruyne is okay for the Italy game.

1 Like

Another I assumed is already out of the door for next season.

I’m really only focusing on those who may stay.

Git yerass to da beach, Diogo - stat! :sunglasses:

Blockquote

Jota needs a rest, he was poor tonight. Two reasonable chances to score and fluffed his lines on both

2 Likes

He also scored twice the number of goals as the entire Scotland side.

2 Likes

One was reasonably tough the other he should have done better.

If Jota was poor Fernandes was rotten.

1 Like

Jota didn’t have a poor tournament. He was as involved as always and his movement and ability to find space in the box were really good throughout.

It’s his finishing that left a lot to desire especially against Belgium. Which is a concern considering how he started the season and the conversion rate of the rest of our forwards. He started the season on fire and now he seems to have regressed below the mean.

3 Likes

Too much time training with Bobby?

Could be. If he starts making backheels and scoring no-look goals, we’ll know for sure.

In all seriousness though, it isn’t just Firmino or Jota. It’s all of them. Even Salah who’s scoring 20+ goals per season is missing too many chances that he shouldn’t.

1 Like

image vs image

Suffice to say that both Spain and Sweden have ambitions for a deep run in EURO 2020/2021. The game is the first to kick of the battle for winning Group E and we can only expect two teams willing to give everything they have in order to take the 3 points

After three consecutive major tournaments without winning a knockout game, at EURO 2020/2021 Spain has an excellent opportunity to remind the football world of its high-class football.

Under Enrique, Spain play with a 4-3-3 formation with one defensive midfielder staying central to link the defence with the players up front during the build-up phase. The wingers are capable of either drifting wide or cutting inside to receive the ball inside the half-space. They will also look to support an advanced forward up front, who will look to run in between the defenders and pick up through passes.

With the intention of having skilful wingers out wide who can beat the opposition using pace, the likes of Adama Traore, Ferran Torres or Mikel Oyarzabal are extremely helpful for Enrique’s side. But unfortunately, due to a recent injury suffered playing for Barca, Ansu Fati will be forced to withdraw from the squad and it is a huge blow for the side as well.

Jesus Navas is another unfortunate case as he also has to withdraw from the side due to an injury. But having called up Premier League duo Hector Bellerín and Sergio Reguiloon, alongside Valencia’s left-back Jose Gaya, Spain can be confident that their full-back positions are in safe hands.

This Spain maintains its long standing approach of prefering to have the ball and control possession, while making passes and finding possible attacking paths in between the opposition’s defensive lines.

For Sweden Zlatan Ibrahimovic was back and then he was not. Injury put an end to his hopes of playing for Sweden in this summer’s Euro 2020. Their key player is now Dejan Kulusevski who is just 21 years old but is already an integral figure for Juventus and his national side. Noted for his speed and technical ability, the player has been utilised in various positions across midfield and attack.

This video gives preview of Swedish team

1 Like
1 Like

here we go batman GIF

2 Likes

I’d forgotten that Aymeric Laporte had switched allegiances to Spain.

2 Likes

AlCANtara can, if anyone can. Go Tiago go!

Interesting from Spain.

Versatile midfielder M. Llorente starts at RB, two lefties at CB, Pedri gets a start in midfield.

No Thiago :grimacing:

1 Like

What I should have done there is look at the line-ups first. Luis E. are you out of your mind?

1 Like

I still don’t understand how that’s allowed to happen.

Running all those ultra marathons appears to have affected his mental capacity.

2 Likes