Euro 2020 Archive Thread

The pitch looks like I was given the groundsman job three months ago and Seville’s lawn expert took over my garden.

1 Like

That or the class A drug intake/ mode d’emploi of our Spanish coaching friends.

Playing 18 yr old kid from Barca that looks lively and Koke. Very surprising

It would be sweet if Sweden upset the Spaniards.

Nice save there.

Attack v defence a bit boring so far.

Devilish comment. He’s Spanish but more of a magician than just a coach.

Nice save just before….

Can’t see Spain not winning this

If there is anything worse than watching death by a thousand cuts, it’s watching death by a thousand cuts narrated by Taylor Twellman.

1 Like

It is Spain, I can guarantee you that Sweden’s tactics involve soaking up pressure, not sending people fast forward at the start of the game, always be in balance at the back. Then, when the Spaniards get a bit more tired, probably in the second half, Sweden will attempt to launch counter attacks with more people. But for the first 30 min of the game, they will prioritise balance and always be able to swarm the Spaniards in defence. Key is not to allow Spain to counter 3 against 2 or something similar, because that is a goal chance.

1 Like

Swedes have no idea how to park a bus, despite the years Lindelof spent under Mourinho.

Yeah; this is already looking like one of those games where one side completely dominates but fails to score and the other team steals it 1-0 from a late set piece.

2 Likes

This is Mourinho-esque football, not sure how long I can watch this. And then there is Lindelöf as well.
:confused:

2 Likes

Of course it is, they are not entirely stupid, even though that is the classical jokes we use in Norway (the Norwegian, the Swede and the Dane, there are legions of variants of that joke, always involving the Norwegian and the Dane tricking the imbecile Swede).

1 Like

Danny Murphy…Sweden have got through the first 20 odd minutes without conceding. That would have been their plan. :laughing:

1 Like

He is right though, it is The Plan. Plan 9, as some would call it :wink:

1 Like

From outer Stockholm?

2 Likes

At least they don’t randomly play Barbarella as a random vampire in a completely unrelated plot, so be grateful they at least play something similar to football.

3 Likes

He’s full of bullshit. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of the classic films. Definitely far more entertaining than this match.

1 Like

When I was in High School, we used to watch it several times when smoking bongs. Always noticed new ridiculous details for each showing of it.