Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Either we have properly (mostly me) chased away @Livvy now with all of these cultural gems from a bygone time, or Sweden managed to torpedo her interest in the game all by themselves. Alternatively, a combination.

Edit: Oh, there she is.

2 Likes

:0))

1 Like

Do you know that lustig is the German word for funny? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, It means the same in Swedish :wink:
In Norwegian “Lystig” means happy or in a good mood. You guys all use it wrong.

1 Like

That’s the second German word I’ve learnt from you today. :+1:

On the subject of German, is the Wonderbra called the Wunderbra in Germany and, if so, is the Wunderbra wunderbar?

3 Likes

Damn, I was just about to laugh, as I thought Sweden scored. It would be genuinely hilarious and just what the game needs.

Another chance for Sweden

1 Like

We call it Wonderbra as well :joy: nothing to do with wunderbar tbf :thinking:

2 Likes

Another Danny Murphy gem: he thinks Traoré is more likely to create something than Thiago is.

3 Likes

Game is playing out pretty much like I said in the beginning, @cynicaloldgit . Survive the first half against superior ball technicians, then adventure starts when Spain begins to get frustrated.

2 Likes

oh look. Thiago. looks bored. :laughing:

1 Like

Thiago comes on, hopefully some excitement

1 Like

Oh dear just realised Thiago is Spanish. I thought he was Brazilian :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

The Swedish strategy; or Plan 9.

bilde

I was told Wonderbra was because in German it meant…
Brasilstopemflappin… :0)

Will get me coat…

1 Like

For all Spain possession they only tested the Sweden keeper 3 times.

1 Like

Don’t worry; Laporte has only just realised that he himself is Spanish.

5 Likes

Which is definitely part of Plan 9 !

Seriously though, say what you want about the first boring half, but Sweden has defended very well and allowed few clear cut 100% chances from superior technicians.

1 Like

This is a 0-0 that could easily have been 2-2. Both sides have missed good chances.

1 Like

Swedish defensive formation looking very stable, very in balance and simply just good.

Offensively, ehem. Well, another tale.