Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

He was 5th choice in 2015-17. Only Sturridge and Ings fitness issues led to his selection.

He’s obviously a good, likeable lad, but he’s not our standard.

2 Likes

What is your point here?

What is “our standard” then? Are we looking to build a team where literally everyone has an even spread of game time? Because that is almost impossible, especially given our resources, unless everyone is at best above-average.

The guy is done here.

Bobby was non existant for 80% of last season and Div still didn’t get a look in.

The guy needs to leave as much for his career as anything.

He could go to a club where he starts regular and bag 15 goals a season no problem

2 Likes

Waiting for another new 5-year deal. :joy:

1 Like

Origi looking motivated and obviously can’t wait for the new season to start!

1 Like

Never want to be accused of having a short memory…
Soooooo, if Jurgen can move most of the fringe players on and gather in enough funds for his transfer kitty, players who have NEVER been instrumental, or contributed in getting us over the line in certain games, then I am of the belief, that Origi may be worth keeping for at least another season… the guy only needs to have one or two important goals left in him to serve our cause. Thinking back to the Blueshite and Barca here…!

3 Likes

Trouble is, Origi isn’t motivated anymore. If he showed a little bit hunger, he could have bagged some goals last season as well and it would have been OK if he stayed. It just freaked me out the way he just strolled around the pitch last season.

He has moved on.

2 Likes

Maybe mentally he has moved on in the hum drum games lftikhar…
Different animal bringing him into a CL game when we need a goal or two eh!
It is an option worth thinking about though…

Yeah, that devil will always evoke some fond memories.

1 Like

It’s no use being misty eyed about a couple of moments when he was standing in the right place at the right time, we’ve also endured hours of aimless loping around looking lost and confused.
We need to move on, he needs to move on. Hopefully it happens soon.

6 Likes

This.

Div can still leave with some level of cult hero status with his key goals over the years, but if he hangs like a bad smell, he will dilute the status he’s been afforded. Shift him on, bring in someone younger and hungrier. Even if that means Elliot gets more game time, or even Taki!

4 Likes

He didn’t turn into the player that he showed signs of becoming because of that Ev Cunt Funes Mori derailing his career.

Despite some important goals after that , Div never kicked on as a player. For his sake, I hope he moves on while still maintaining the cult hero status that he has

2 Likes

Isn’t his contract up next summer so he goes for free.

1 Like

People have got to get over this and let it go. Happened late in the season but still didn’t even end his season, it wasn’t that bad an injury. Origi hasn’t become the player he could have because he isn’t mentally strong enough and/or motivated enough.

The run of goals he was prior to the Funes Mori tackle and the lack of goals after rebuts that. Div wasn’t ever a starting striker for Liverpool but there were some times during that 15/16 period when it looked like he could be a 15 goal a season option for Liverpool. You do realize that Klopp has extensive expertise in working with a straight #9 as well too and he saw enough in Divock to attempt to get him to Dortmund as well.

It could have been lack of playing time for him more than the injury , but those tackles derail careers. And that tackle by Funes Mori is just one such.

Let’s not get carried away. He scored 4 goals in a run of 8 games between two periods of injury. Came off the bench to score 1 against Villa when we thrashed the 6 nil, scored one against Everton before his injury when we comfortably beat them 4 nil and scored 2 in a half a game against Stoke when we comfortably won 4-1. He did OK for a very short period of time and looked promising as a potential cover/alternative to Firmino but at that rate would have had to play nearly every game in a season to get to 15 goals. He also only scored when we were really playing well. For comparison Andy Carroll did far better during his six months at Newcastle leading to us buying him, nobody ever thinks to argue that it was his injury that destroyed his career.

Should have left last year already.

I’m afraid he will sit down his contract and the club knows that.

2 Likes

That would be damn awful from him. He will lose whatever affection he has with us. I hope he at least goes on a loan, that wouldn’t affect him financially.

Feel a bit sorry for him.

He plays probably on average something like 10 mins competitive football a week (if that)

He will forever be a cult hero, dare I say even a lower level legend at this club for some of his exploits but the time has come on where he needs to move along for his sake as much as any bodies.

I firmly believe that if he went to a mid table side, even a Burnley or something like that where he played week in week out he would get 15 goals a season.

Just needs a manager who invests in him and he’ll do alright.

Also think he would score goals in Italy

1 Like

Ah your classic bullshit here again…