Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

Yeah, as the first off the bench for our forward line. As their primary rotation option.

Solskjaer scored the winner in the CL final when he was 26, Divock did it at 24. No reason Divock couldn’t have gone on to play a similar role for us as Solskjaer then did for United.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that he could be a future managerial option?

1 Like

I reckon Klopp would have to drink a fuck of a lot more whyskey than he does to even contemplate a super sub scenarion. :joy:

Comparing him to a 5ft hobbit who only got to where he is by ensuring he kissed ass better than more talented teammates is a bit of a harsh description of Big Div

Solsjkaer’s taller than Mane and Salah, just an inch smaller than Bobby… :grimacing:

But if you trimed his foot hair then I imagine he’d be a lot shorter :wink:

I think he might have, but Jota and Minamino are much more mobile players, which I suspect is part of the reason why he got pushed down the pecking order.

That said, as someone who didn’t watch Solskjaer play, I wonder if people who did would be able to confidently say that at least Jota, if not Minamino is better than him? If so, then in a way, Origi’s not that far off…

Jota’s better than Solskjaer was, definitely. Minamino isn’t and nor is Divock but my point was that Divock could have been as good a contributor for us as Solskjaer was for United but for whatever reason he’s flunked it.

What will be the thread -Divock’s at the wheel?

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

‘Big Cock’s at the helm’ is more of a flourish?

Didn’t/couldn’t make the matchday squad even with Firmino and Minamino injured. :sob:

1 Like

Who could have been left out for including him? :man_shrugging:

A midfielder, for balance, we only had Ox who could be considered a forward on the bench

Yeah, could be. But most of our midfielders were all coming back from injuries and hence would have influenced Klopp to include them all. And that they would have contributed more the way things look.

Having said that, I doubt he’ll be contributing enough this season though. Better for us to get used to it. If he gets in the mix and gets chances, good for all of us including him. Let’s see.

So you do write 2 articles before every game.

Borrowed from @SBYM

Lies No GIF

He’s the Boris Johnson of TAN :wink:

Not sure @cynicaloldgit gets all his ideas from the Telegraph to be fair. Not sure he has a direct line to Rupert Murdoch either.

That said I could see him in a boat painted with a Union Jack for some reason.

boat GIF

1 Like

I am a big critic of his, but played a really good pass for the second goal tonight.

3 Likes