Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

I thought the first 25 he looked like he could be an asset but after that he was a bit meh, mind you the game went like that.

He didnā€™t look disinterested. Progress.

6 Likes

Better than West Ham his last proper start where he ran away from the ball.

5 Likes

Any idea what happened to him?

Klopp said in the post-match interview that he had cramps, which was natural after such a long time off. It doesnā€™t seem too serious thankfully.

Got huge praise from the gaffer, and rightly so. He was excellent throughout I thought, and his pass for Salah was an absolute piece of genius.

3 Likes

Is this quote accurately written? Klopp basically revealing that Origi is a poor trainer (which weā€™ve concluded by now from quotes from his teammates) is very non-Klopp thing to do. Reading all the quotes, there is an overwhelming sentiment that club were more than happy to sell him at the right price and that they are pushing for his sale.

1 Like

Had a few great moments in his career but all in the distant past, today he has not the disinterested himself and what happens, he gets cramps. A waste of roster space and money.

I mean, ā€œnothing really specialā€ doesnā€™t seem that all bad, especially when you consider he didnā€™t say ā€œbutā€ before ā€œheā€™s a great guyā€.

Think itā€™s simply a matter of heā€™s dispensable. Good asset to keep around, but not someone we canā€™t replace relatively easily.

Nice assist.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the implication in the tweet.

I would argue itā€™s Klopp saying that Origi hasnā€™t done anything particularly amazing recently in training to go from being out of the squad to starting, but he picked him anyway.

Not a bad performance tonight, good assist and a bit of decent hold up play.

6 Likes

I thought Origi was pretty good today. I thought he was better than Jota. And I like Jota.

2 Likes

We have call a spade a spade. Origi has not been good for a long time. But last night he played pretty well, his movements were good and getting into good positions and use the ball pretty well too and won the ball back a number of times high up the field and of course that very good assist to Salah. Unfortunately he was injured, hopefully its not for long term. While I do not think he will ever be of a first team quality for us, but if he can continue to replicate last nightā€™s performance before he was injured, I think he would be good for us this season in cup games, some European games and even in some PL games where rest need to be given to our first four forward choices.

2 Likes

Serie A might be a better fit for him

1 Like

He is better when we donā€™t expect him to be as nimble as Mane. Yesterday he was not on the left.

4 Likes

Played well :clap: so Iā€™m delighted for him and good assist. We are going to need all our players competing for 4 trophies.

3 Likes

Iā€™m probably reading too much between the lines, but it does seem like a public ā€œsort your application outā€ last chanceā€¦ Origi has all the tools to be a success here but clearly isnā€™t applying them like others (see Elliotā€¦)

I think the most relevant bit of context in this case would probably be what this was in reply to. If this was in reply to a question of why he was starting the match, then Iā€™d say youā€™re reading too much into it.

Thatā€™s also my interpretation of what the context is, especially since heā€™s had some really high praise for Origi elsewhere in the interview. Iā€™m trying to think of an alternative context where the quote might be more damaging, but Iā€™m coming up blank.

1 Like

I think itā€™s just Kloppā€™s polite way of saying he hasnā€™t got anyone else to play. He did OK but cramps after 60 minutes? Bloody hell. Nice assist though and it was one hour less for Sadio to play so job done.

He literally says he was for sale in the summer and doesnā€™t impress in training.

You have a bee in your bonnet about Origi, so Iā€™d rather not enter into a war and peace debate.

My view is Klopp is giving him his final chance and making it very clear it is, itā€™s very rare Klopp speaks like he did about Origi in public (questioned or not). You disagree, no problem.

He wasnā€™t anywhere near his own best last night, but it was so, so, good to see him coming out of the zombie-mode. :clap: