Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

The lad who marked Salah out of the game, played Mo very tight. Effectively cut off his supply line for balls over the top. Took it’s toll though, as he blew up his hammy trying to keep up with Mo. The sub couldn’t do that, and they paid for it.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Before the season began, many of us (most?) thought Origi’s time was up here, and we would have accepted a modest fee, albeit reluctantly as we know there’s a player there, for him to move on.

And then in his appearances so far this season, he has showed some fight, hunger, endeavor… and warmed our hearts again.

So there’s no way I’d sell now, not at this stage, unless we were buying a striker who is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order to go with Mo, Sadio, Jota and Firmino.

Just wondering, but what sort of sum would we sell Big Div for at this point? We joke about Newcastle, but let’s say they come calling in January, and let’s imagine we can sign another striker. I know we jokingly say £100M+ but being realistic, what sort of sum would we sell Big Div for at this stage?

With Newcastle sure it has to be north of 25m. I think 30m is not unreasonable or unrealistic in the sense they are desperate to get good enough players who is willing to come to them and we don’t have to sell and will only do so for a premium if Origi wants to go.

I don’t want him to go to Newcastle or any other similar shithole. I want him to go to clubs which runs on passion, Dortmund, Atalanta. I don’t care about the fees we will get, I want him to be in a good place, among good company.

3 Likes

You old romantic :wink:

2 Likes

IF we end up selling Origi, and he is showing what a useful player he is for us right now, so that’s not a foregone conclusion, but if…

£50M plus Origi to Dortmund, for Bellingham.

In a post Haaland Dortmund team, he could do very well for them. And we seem to be interested in Bellingham, who is a very good player and helps to future proof our midfield with a couple getting older and more injury prone as time goes on.

Might just be my bias… but if a player swop was involved in bringing Bellingham to Anfield
I would swop Keita before Origi any day of the week and twice on a Sunday…
Before any Keita lovers out there think I have gone stark raving mad…
It is purely based upon my frustrations of Keita’s ongoing injuries and unavailability…!

2 Likes

Funny that a deal with Dortmund is being mentioned, I’m watching the pre-match press conference at the moment and Jürgen actually said that Dortmund thought in 2016 after we played them that he was on the level of the striker they had just lost in Lewandowski…

Original Whigfield - Saturday Night if you are too young or too old. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Anyone dig out Bo Kearns singing it? Most of you will have to Google who she is.

Here we go…

2 Likes

Minutes played: 393
Goals scored: 5

:exploding_head: :partying_face: :clap:

1 Like

Are you sure that’s not 393 seconds played?
I’m sure your exagerating, I haven’t seen him for more than 320 seconds this season! :joy:

Semedo has. Even in nightmares.

2 Likes

Divock Origi > Ousmane Dembele

6 Likes

Divock Origi > Ousmane Dembele + Moussa Dembele + Moussa Dembele2 + Demebele Dembele

2 Likes

This is impressive. One goal involvement every 120 minutes. Not quite the stats of Salah, but still really good…

What struck me against Wolves the other day is that he looked really alert, energetic, quick and involved himself into the game. He deserved his goal with his performance. I couldn’t see the game at Milan, so don’t know how he performed apart from his goal. How did he perform in the whole?

2 Likes

Everything we wanted from Origi, huge step up this season in terms of his contribution.

He was good against Milan, he’s different to Jota/Bobby but he has such excellent technical close control and manages to gain space in the box for a shot very easily. Also was a bit physical which is something he usually isn’t (usually spends a lot of the time on the deck…) He’s a big lad, should be knocking defenders around.

Now this is Salah stats!.. I assume it is for this season?