Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

Imagine if the club would have confirmed that he will be out for more than two months after Milan. Some of us would have panicked and hope we would bring in a new attacker on January 1st.

Right decision or not? We probably will see at the end of the week.

Have to replace him in the summer anyway.

2 Likes

I saw a Twitter post about Atalanta wanting Origi, anything substantial on that front?

Only if they sell Zapata to Newcastle.

Happy Valentineā€™s day. :joy:

1 Like

I might have missed something important, but what happened to Big Div? Played a few cameos, looked hungry and did well. I thought he would help to tide us over when the AFCON boys went and did their stuff. But we didnā€™t see hide nor hair of him. Bobby stepped up. Jota stepped up. Fabinho became a goal scorer par excellence. And the likes of Gordon, Ox and Minamino flitted in and out to see us through.

Then we signed Diaz and then Mo came back, and then Sadio came back. And we are probably signing Carvalho too.

All this is to say at the time we needed him he wasnā€™t here! Did I read he got a knock on his knee in the CL? If thatā€™s what it was, it must have been far worse than I thought.

I hope we havenā€™t seen the last of Big Div in a Liverpool shirt, but I fear we might haveā€¦ hope Iā€™m not being too dramatic.

havenā€™t seen hide no hair of him.

Perhaps heā€™s locked in his student digs racing to finish his dissertation? Lol

1 Like

He returned to training last week ahead of the Burnley game I think.

1 Like

Yes, heā€™s been injured throughout the whole period. A knee problem if I recall correctly?

1 Like

Origi got injured against Milan in December and only returned to training recently.

1 Like
7 Likes

Did you notice how happy, literally bouncing, Origi was last night? :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

1 Like

No, didnā€™t really notice him at all tbfā€¦but I mean we did just win a cup so Iā€™d imagine they all were?

1 Like

Good.
He passed the test then (not as successfully as Tsimi but thatā€™ll will do)

Up to now only ManƩ and Jones failed it.

Whoā€™s the next to be investigated?

2 Likes

I remember Origi being very silent/calm (not grumpy) during our PL celebrations. So it was really delightful to see him enjoying. Maybe I should have explained the context, my apologies. :blush:

2 Likes

Allegedly going AC Milan in summer.

Iā€™ve a few Milan friends who really donā€™t want that to happen (seems like they prefer Belotti), albeit they donā€™t know much about Divock, but who does? Heā€™s been with us 100 years and he still remains a bit of a mystery to me.

Itā€™ll be sad to see him leave, in a way. He could do really well at Milan, but Iā€™d not put my money down either way.

Apparently theyā€™re sniffing round Renato Sanches, as well. Thatā€™d be a good signing for them. Only seen him a handful of times this season, but heā€™s looking a lot more comfortable in himself these days.

It would be interesting to see what Origi could do if he started 30+ games a season. I reckon heā€™d score 15+

Not too sure about that, he has excellent goals to minutes for us because he comes on when the other team has spent 60 minutes burning all their energy. When he starts he typically is on the periphery of games. However I do wish him well, heā€™s be a very good squad member to have.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s rather underrating him, because while that may be true of his recent league appearances, our cup runs both domestic and European feature him starting when he gets his goals, not to mention his run in 2016-17 as one of our regular(-ish) starters.

Heā€™s remarkably consistent, but just a rather one-trick pony in our sideā€¦