Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

Luckily no one else mentioned from the boss.

2 Likes

I think he would have seen similar players, like Tammy Abraham and Lukaku do very well after moving to Italy and I do think his style of play can fit into the Italian league very well.

Well there goes the romance of him scoring the winner as a parting gift… Now all we have is more Pickford memes.

That cunt Funes Mori wrecked his career. I doubt he can get back to the potential he was showing before. But still , an instinctive finisher with an eye for goal. He can be a very good impact player and a season under the likes of Zlatan and Giroud won’t do him any harm.

And as mentioned, the Italian league can suit the likes of Lukaku and Tammy, Origi is a similar mould of player

2 Likes

The imagination in this video is ace.

6 Likes
Greatest Origi Goal
  • The first in the Dortmund miracle
  • Everton 96th min. Origi 1 T-Rex Arms 0.
  • Barcelona a (tap in 1-0)
  • Barcelona b (corner taken quickly, ORIGI!!)
  • Big Div seals the European Cup
  • Late Wolves winner
  • Ridiculous Back Heel Volley in the cup.

0 voters

voted for his goal from the corner against Barca, pretty easy choice tbh…

but his performance against Dortmund at Anfiled in the Europa League will always stick with me,

he bullied the Dortmund defense that night

i mind thinking at the time we have real player in our hands here and the future is bright for him,

then the Everton boot boys gave him a kicking, and he never seemed to reach that same height of performance on a consistant basis,

anyway good luck at your next club Divock, you leave us with nothing but fond memories

2 Likes

Got to be any goal against the blueshite.

2 Likes

Yeah, the goal itself does not get into the top 3, but I think that night was peak Divok. At a point it looked like we were going to get overran, it was his threat that they struggled desperately to deal with, that turned the momentum of the game.

By the same token, it is downgraded due to what came before it, but I think the first against Barca, especially coming so early and turning the hostile crowd and fast start into something tangible, is arguably more important than Corner taken quickly. By that point I felt Barca were already beaten, even if we needed to go to ET to do it. Without that first goal, and it coming so early, that night may never have happened.

5 Likes

Not many players get to score a goal in a CL Final. Fewer still get to score a deciding goal in a CL Final. Good luck in your future career Divock - against everyone but us of course :+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

Funny how little love that Newcastle winner gets given how important that was in keeping the 18-19 chase alive.

5 Likes

I’m a bit pissed but when Origi leaves I’ll have a little cry.:smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

When you see the quality of many of his goals, I have to wonder, why are we letting him go? He has to be replaced, but I doubt we can find another impact player like Origi.

1 Like

I think it’s very much because as much as he’s been patient for his chances, it’s a mutual decision to not have someone of his quality languishing not even on the bench.

We have a rather decent finisher in Minamino as well, and I think he fits closer to how we normally play. The only issue is that Origi is the only forward of ours who’s got the height, but I don’t think any of the rest are that bad with headers either.

1 Like
4 Likes

As farewells go, this gets the gold medal for brevity.

14 Likes

It’s just him in a nutshell isn’t it? Just exactly what is needed, nothing more.

3 Likes

2 Likes