Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

When he scored against Tottenham in the final, I have never felt such release, I cried my heart out. Fourteen years between two CL titles, all sorts of memories running through my head, emotions running as high as possible - I will never, ever forget that moment. I hope he has a great career and a great life, he really gave us a lot to remember him by.

9 Likes

Tbf, Klopp caught less of the goal than you did! He didnā€™t have a fucking clue what had just happened! :rofl:

I was already in tears when Mo struck that penalty, knew that we couldnā€™t go on to lose that game after everything weā€™ve been through. A shame for neutrals, but you knew it would be so hard for Spurs to turn it around. But yeah, then it was a long hot evening until Divockā€™s goal. Never easy with us in finals, Iā€™ve watched 22 and there was not a single one when you could relax after, say, 60-70 minutes. Win or lose, itā€™s always drama.

Divockā€¦ so many great or cult moments to remember.

3 Likes

Still donā€™t understand why weā€™ve let him go on a free, heā€™s easily worth 20-30m in todays market.

Such a humble guy, Will be loved by everyone at the club forever.

Thanks for sharing this still brings tears of joy

1 Like

And what a finish! A lot of his finishes (like the Wolves winner) remind me of Fowler in the sense that even when youā€™re watching the replay youā€™re thinking ā€œShit thatā€™s cutting it close, is it actually gonna go in?ā€

Incredible precision and calmness under intensely pressurised and tense conditions.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s what I value the most from him, not so much his technical ability or anything else. Heā€™s mostly just in his own world, which is really helpful when you desperately need a goal in a big occasion. Itā€™s the same to him as scoring the 5th against a non-league team. However, itā€™s also costly to him personally since he doesnā€™t really seem to ā€œelevateā€ his game or ā€œshow desireā€ like many people want.

Thinking back to Lucasā€™ first league game for us, the Merseyside derby, when he would have gotten a debut winner if not for I think it was Phil Nevilleā€™s handball on the line. Kuyt scored the resulting penalty, but the goal was essentially all Lucasā€™. However, many on here (and elsewhere) were really upset when he came on, because he was replacing Gerrard. Rafa justified it after the match as Gerrard being too emotional and not making the right decisions.

In that sense, Iā€™m really sad that heā€™s leaving simply because heā€™s such a good option for when we need a goal. However, if heā€™s a tool that the manager doesnā€™t want to use or doesnā€™t have the opportunity to use that often (as he has said so on many occasions this season), then itā€™s not helping him to stay, and we could use the resources to get someone in who better fits what we need apart from the final ball. When he has played this season, itā€™s often in the context of a game where we are utterly dominating the game, so we can afford to lose the pressing abilities of the other players (not that he doesnā€™t do it, heā€™s just not nimble/agile enough to flit from pressing one player to another that quickly in the way that Firmino does for example), and just use him as a battering ram. He may have an excellent top speed, but he certainly does not accelerate fast enough, so when he has been useful defensively, itā€™s usually in defending counterattacks, where, like Salah, he gets back to help the full-backs out.

I canā€™t help but wonder what would have happened if he was fit for the final, whether things would have turned out differently, especially in a match where we had the lionā€™s share of the chances, and we simply needed to just get the ball past Courtois into the net.

6 Likes

Alice? Is that you?

3 Likes

Was thinking the same thing!

Often players on the fringes contribute once or twice and pick up medal hauls, this guy can look at every medal he has and say I contributed to that and to some he was vital in.

4 Likes

:joy:

Picked this up via Reddit post.

@dreadfullydrawn on Twitter has a number of good stuff tooā€¦Hendo lifting the Big Ears, Parade with the red smokes.

3 Likes

Very derivative work, imo. You can see the @gasband influence but this ā€˜artistā€™ just doesnā€™t have the panache of the master. Too literal and lacking intellectual heft and by being so focused on telling the story of Divock just completely misses the essence. Far too bourgeois.

Another oneā€¦Corner taken quickly!!!

2 Likes

You gotta stop your obsession with my genius. I know its easy to idolize me, who wouldnā€™t? But I prefer to be the humble artistic genius who has unparalleled artistic skills that inspire people all around the world. I donā€™t want you to start a cult following of my genius.

You forget that the art world doesnā€™t give a fuck about you, just making parasitic profit from reselling your work. Btw, are you doing anymore of your CL final ticket series? I have a collector who wants to purchase the entire series and heā€™s willing to pay 7 figures. Happy to give you 50p for the lot provided you do another 5-10. Sound fair?

1 Like

you would be overpaying, I would do it for @Commando underpants with the holes in the knee.

1 Like

Commando wants more than 50p for them so no can do.

They are priceless. Also a work of art from where theyā€™ve been patched over the years. :+1::nerd_face:

Even after leaving Liverpool, Divock Origi has kept his partnership with the University of Liverpool to offer the ā€œDivock Origi Scholarshipā€ to one student to cover their full tuition and Ā£3,000 worth of living costs.

What an absolute gentleman.

18 Likes

15 Likes