Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

But that’s becoming a repeated pattern, because it’s not like Klopp doesn’t select him at all. Is there always the case of such a downgrade in performance from training? Very rare scenario if that’s the case and can this even be addressed I wonder.

1 Like

We wouldn’t have got passed Barcelona if it wasn’t for Origi… Can’t shake that memory. However,
maybe Jurgen knows what he will be getting on the pitch… but feels he owes him…!
Be interesting to monitor if he plays him in a crucial game, unless absolutely ‘bare bones’ necessary.

2 Likes

You once said something about whether Klopp being able to find the ‘on’ button for him or something along those lines, not that long after Klopp arrived as I recall. It was turned on for a bit then got turned off by Funes Cuntori. He came on every now and then but even that odd occasion is now seemingly a thing of the past.

Pity, he really should be a beast.

3 Likes

To me the problem with him is mentality coupled with Klopp viewing him as a reserve attacker, period, and so he will do, hence the slowly degrading quality of his appearances for us. Just seems to be rotting in the nether regions of the club.

1 Like

I think @ILLOK said pre-match, he was an okay idea stylistically with Atalanta’s way of man oriented marking and playing a back 3. Didn’t look good. I don’t find it catastrophic that he started instead of Minamino last night, although yeah, Taki is probably ahead of him in the pecking order. But when individual form isn’t great, sometimes in some games we’ll go for what we feel makes sense stylistically.

4 Likes

Yep, the fact is Jota has come in and from day 1 delivered. That’s the level Origi should be at, he’s not so his time is up. Sorry its blunt, but he’s been here a long time now and is even regressing again.

6 Likes

I compare his situation with Olivier Giroud at Chelsea. A player that is finding minutes more and more difficult to come by with all the quality in their forward group. Big difference, however, when Giroud comes on he’s doing everything he can to earn more minutes. I have no great reason to say something nice about a Chelsea player but Giroud always seems eager and bustling to come on to make an impression. Earned himself a goal the other night v Rennes. Giroud is also almost 10 years older, so Origi has absolutely no excuse. And quite frankly I don’t at all enjoy saying something negative about one of our boys but all of this criticism is warranted. He simply needs to be better.

9 Likes

Scored three of the most iconic goals in the history of the club (all in the same season) and he will never have to buy a pint in a pub with a Liverpool fan in it but, fuck me, he has stunk the place out for months and months now. I can not understand how he started last night.

10 Likes

That baffles me how he deserves to start with his perfomances for almost all last season and so for this one.

2 Likes

Just watched the goal again that he scored against Everton when Pickford let it bounce off the crossbar. Never noticed before that he picks up the ball and starts to run back to the centre with it…did he think it was 1-1 :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like
5 Likes

He is a confidence type of player. If he gets a run of ten continuous games, he will start performing to a very decent level again. We should try to sell him in Jan imho. Would be good for him.

3 Likes

See the video at 6.59 seconds. Tells you all you need to know :rofl:

4 Likes

Words to describe players:

Origi is lazy (Bobby did slow walking arms)
Fabinho is weak. (Curious about that one)

1 Like

Well done goat, destroy the goal, eat the net, go through the Annie Road stand, run all the way to Goodison to score another goal there.

1 Like

At least he moved to jogging from walking mode :expressionless:

Couldn’t agree more! Imagine Sturridge even though he can’t run… Stick him in the penalty area he’d at least score!

1 Like

He’d still probably move more than Origi but in reality I wouldn’t take it.

truth is we need to be looking elsewhere.

2 Likes

I think our injury log is full enough.

I don’t think Origi is the answer to any issues currently had and that WHU game was won despite of him. I think we are better crossing our fingers that Jota is back sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Quite clearly he’s still preferred by Jürgen compared to all the other options, so there might just be something he sees that most people don’t. Nonetheless, the constant negativity, whining, and general scapegoating of him is really tiresome.

At some point we are going to have to admit to ourselves that prime Firmino is near irreplaceable, and is so unique that when we don’t have him at his best, we don’t have anyone who could just drop in. Minamino I thought was brought in as a direct replacement for Firmino, but that doesn’t seemed to have panned out, and Jota while being thoroughly effective is also rather different a player. Perhaps instead of slagging off a player who gets a few minutes here and there at the end of games, or inserted in ragtag lineups in fringe matches, with barely any starting opportunities, we just wait to judge him? All the evidence so far seems to suggest that he is one of those players who needs the playing time to really get into sync with the side. Barring that goal against Pickford, which really just needed him to be there and not any special tactical knowledge, he still took a lot of time to really get into the groove in that Champions League winning season.

Despite what many of you seem to want to believe, he still contributes a lot in his own way, and the statistics from last season show that. I still think he’s a decent player, although world-class is probably too far out of his reach now given the gulf and his current age. However, the lot of people constantly bemoaning him (and who would otherwise be scapegoating other players) are turning me into prime zagueiro, and I am not enjoying that.

2 Likes