Ex-player: Jordan HENDERSON

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1688595242235183108

1 Like

Hendo picks his nose then shakes hands with that guy :0)

1 Like

That was awkward as fuck :joy:

I guess you havenā€™t seen Low yetā€¦

Yeah, Jordan ā€œtreasure-diggingā€ is very insignificant in comparison to Joachim who was caught multiple times on live TV; including during the World Cup 2010, 2014 & 2018 and Euro 2016 & 2020. He even put the offending digit to his mouth at times. Yucks!
As for being hand-shaken right after such acts, CR7 was a victim too.
Sweet Sour GIF - Sweet Sour Coach GIFs Jogi Lƶw Exit GIF - Jogi Lƶw Exit Coach GIFs

1 Like

Armpit too. :rofl:
Mal Gut Riechen - Joachim Lƶw GIF - Joachim Loew Joachim ...

Dresses like a playboy, but a dirty motherf*cker.

:nauseated_face:

Not even seeing that , but

ā€œExciting time to join Al-Whatdafuck and play under Gerrard and earn 3k an hour for 2 years. Who cares. Thatā€™s what mattersā€

3 Likes

Yeah no, sorry Hendo lad but you sold out for the money, plain and simple, deluded if you think you still have a chance playing for England. Have you even learned the names yet of any of your team mates? No, I donā€™t mean Dembele or Quaison.

1 Like

This guy looks like a sad parody of himself.

2 Likes

Looks full of shit, come here for the culture and is excited by the project blah blah ā€¦he almost laughs as he says it allā€¦just admit it Jordan , money is all that matters.

3 Likes

Tbf you donā€™t need Jordan to admit it to know that, just ask anyone.

Interestingly wasnā€™t asked on anything about the backlash he received, you wouldā€™ve thought thatā€™d have been at the forefront of any sensible journoā€™s mind to ask.

1 Like

I think something needs to have happened, before we can forget it. I do not recall Henderson playing silly buggers with his contract renewal 2 years ago or threatening to quit. In fact, I have only ever known Henderson to be the ultimate professional.
He wanted a longer contract offer, which I can fully understand. I can also understand the clubā€™s reluctance to offer a longer contract.
Allegedly, Klopp intervened supporting a longer contract. The Salary never changed!

I apologise if I have misunderstood your last comment. However, it comes across a bit contradicting. You state that he ā€œwas put on a pedestal he didnā€™t deserve to be onā€ and then follow it up with ā€œthat leads to added disappointment when things like this occurā€. So, to clarify, you are disappointed that a player you believe played silly buggers over a new contract, that he wasnā€™t worthy of, has jumped off his undeserved pedestalā€¦

Mate, I donā€™t care. Heā€™s a gimp.

What culture is that then? The executions, severing of limbs, stonings. Iā€™m sure the children will appreciate that.

3 Likes

I stayed out of any discussions/debates regarding the departures of Henderson and Fabinho.

For a player who has won everything thatā€™s possible to win with an English club, getting excited about playing in Saudi Arabia sounds just cynical.

6 Likes

FIFY

5 Likes

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/16agq5f/jordan_henderson_i_strongly_believe_that_me/

Ornstein: Why did you choose the Saudi offer? Did you have other opportunities? Because I think many people will be wondering what the captain of Liverpool was doing considering that move.

Henderson: Iā€™m at the latter stage of my career and I want to be happy playing football. I want to play. I donā€™t want to be sitting on the bench and coming on for 10 minutes in games. And I knew that would have an effect on my chances of playing for England.

Ornstein: Does that value extend to monetary? Because thereā€™ll be so many people who will hear you say, ā€œI want the challenge and the project and Stevie and the excitementā€ but still say ā€œhe has just gone for the moneyā€.

Henderson: That was the hardest thing. People will see this club come with loads of money and heā€™s just gone, ā€œYeah, Iā€™m going.ā€ When in reality that just wasnā€™t the case at all. People can believe me or not, but in my life and my career, money has never been a motivation. Ever. Donā€™t get me wrong, when you move, the business deal has to be tight. You have to have financials, you have to feel wanted, you have to feel valued. And money is a part of that. But that wasnā€™t the sole reason. And these possibilities came up before money was even mentioned.

Crafton: Itā€™s been pretty widely reported figures like Ā£700,000 a week or four times what you were earning at Liverpool. Is that true?

Henderson: No. I wish it was (laughs). No, honestly, the numbers just arenā€™t true. But again, it had to work out for us financially as well. Iā€™m not saying that it didnā€™t and Iā€™m not saying, ā€œOh, Iā€™m not on good moneyā€ because itā€™s good money and it was a good deal but it wasnā€™t the numbers that were reported. No.

Crafton: So youā€™re saying that Steven, in all the conversations you had with him, was never mentioning the money to you?

Henderson: Stevie never mentioned money. Everything I spoke to Stevie about was football and the project. And he actually said he didnā€™t want to get involved in any of the money stuff. It was all about what we could do together to achieve something special and build a club and build the league.

Henderson: Every day. It was a difficult time, definitely. Donā€™t get me wrong, I donā€™t want people to feel sorry for me. It was just difficult to make that decision. Iā€™d been at a club for so long, a club that I love and have a lot of respect for the fans, the owners, the manager, my team-mates ā€” to leave my team-mates was a big thing. But in the end, I felt as though it was the right thing for them as well. But from the outside and people who donā€™t know me, then itā€™s a lot more challenging to understand. There can be a lot of criticism, a lot of negativity around me as a person. And that was difficult to take. But I just feel as though, because I do care about different causes that Iā€™ve been involved in, and different communitiesā€¦ I do care. And for people to criticise and say that Iā€™d turned my back on them really, really hurt me. Crafton: When you say you were having those second thoughts, what were they about? Henderson: Everything. About the situation with the LGBTQ+ community and with everything that is being reported in Saudi, my family, footballing decisions, team-mates. And again, Iā€™m not just saying this for people to think, ā€œOh yeahā€¦ā€ Iā€™m just trying to give you some insight into what it was like. I spoke to so many different people that I trust, who know me, who will challenge me.

Crafton: What was it therefore, that persuaded you? What reassured you?

Henderson: I think there was always going to be criticism regardless of what I did, whether I stayed, whether I went. So basically I had to make the decision on what was best for me and my family. So the football is the football side. So do I go somewhere to try something new, to grow the game that I love in another country, and grow the league into one of the best in the world? That excites me because I want to grow the sport all over the world. And that got me going, really. And obviously the LGBTQ+ community. I can understand the frustration. I can understand the anger. I get it. All I can say around that is that Iā€™m sorry that they feel like that. My intention was never, ever to hurt anyone. My intention has always been to help causes and communities where I felt like they have asked for my help. Now, when I was making the decision, the way that I tried to look at it was I felt as though, by myself not going, we can all bury our heads in the sand and criticise different cultures and different countries from afar. But then nothingā€™s going to happen. Nothingā€™s going to change.

Crafton: So I would press you on that, because we were told that around the World Cup in Qatar. You go, you engage. But I was there in Qatar walking down the street one day and saw a flag draped with a rainbow symbol crossed out, with the words that said, ā€œNot welcome in Qatar.ā€ Then supporters were trying to go into the stadiums and they were having rainbow T-shirts taken off them. There was a story about one person being stripped down even and having it taken off them by a security guard. So I suppose Iā€™d ask: have you actually seen or heard any evidence of this change on this specific issue?

Henderson: Firstly, Iā€™m not a politician. I never have been and never wanted to be. I have never tried to change laws or rules in England, never mind in a different country where Iā€™m not from. So Iā€™m not saying that Iā€™m going there to do that. But what Iā€™m saying is people know what my values are and the people who know me know what my values are. And my values donā€™t change because Iā€™m going to a different country where the laws of the country might be different. Now, I see that as a positive thing. I see that because, from their (Saudi) side, they knew that before signing it. So they knew what my beliefs were. They knew what causes and campaigns Iā€™ve done in the past and not once was it brought up. Not once have they said, ā€œYou can do this, you canā€™t do this.ā€ And I think it can only be a positive thing to try to open up like around Qatar. In the end, around Qatar, having a World Cup there shined a light on certain issues where I think in the end, I might be wrong, but they changed some rules and regulations to be able to host the World Cup and I think thatā€™s positive. Thatā€™s the way you try to create positive change. And Iā€™m not saying that I can do that. Iā€™m one person.

1 Like