Ex-player: Jordan HENDERSON

I think Gini’s situation was more understandable though. Key part of the midfield, a regular during his final season while others were out with injuries and thought his contract wasn’t a fair offer in comparison with other deals offered by the club.

I think we can’t rule out possible influence he may have been under from other agents telling him how much he could earn with other clubs, adding to his anxieties over the contract offer.

In Hendo’s case, I have much less sympathy - Klopp went out and personally got him a bigger deal than the club wanted to offer.

4 Likes

Totally agree with your assessment of Wijnaldum.

1 Like

From that new hit, “Jordan Walks Alone.”

When you walk through a sandstorm
Keep your head wrapped tight
And be so afraid of the snark.

At the end of a storm
There’s some golden pay
And the sweet silver Bentley in the car park.

Walk on through the wind
While you wish it would rain
For your reputation’s blown.

Walk on, walk on
To the pitch of sand
'cause now you walk alone!

1 Like

Sums the entire matter.

1 Like

He can and should pick who he wants.
Thats his job as manager.

When England and every other major nation went to Qatar, they left all reasonable moral high ground behind them. Picking or discarding Henderson because of his stupid decision is trite by comparison

3 Likes

Although the fact that he has gone to a Micky Mouse league because he didn’t think he could get regular football in a more competitive team should have raised a few questions.

4 Likes

True. But he shouldn’t be getting picked because he’s past it. England have far better midfielders now.

4 Likes

I could agree with an older midfielder being picked it the said midfielder was a Pirlo, Modric etc.

Not Jordan Henderson. FFS , Milner at 37 is quicker than him.

2 Likes

I did suggest at times last season he was the better player.

Then that’s the reason.
If he anything left to offer he might still be a Liverpool player.

Dropping him from England because of his Saudi contract is hypocrisy, given the World Cup…

2 Likes

Rice, Bellingham, Maddison.

That’s the trio, based on current form. I suspect the first two will be there for the duration, and others might rotate a bit with Maddison based on form.

Southgate backed Henderson and picked him, after he moved to the footballing backwater that is Saudi Arabia, but it has to be near the end of the line for him with England now.

As for Henderson himself, if he wanted the Saudi dough, I understand it. But he let down the lgbt community in the process, which was disappointing.

Then his latest utterances disappointed me further. He is a very recent former Liverpool captain and he won the lot with us. Have some dignity! I hated the bleating about not feeling wanted. It’s the sort of stuff I expect from a young player who is acting spoiled, and/or under the influence of a bad agent.

When you move on from a club like Liverpool, as the recent former captain, you should have nothing but good things to say. If privately you have a little grievance, suck it up and get over yourself, as every footballer since the dawn of time has a useful life cycle and then that’s it.

He has behaved poorly indeed, and in time I would have expected him to be welcomed back, but he is doing his best to burn bridges. Poor form Hendo, poor form indeed.

3 Likes

Henderson had a better game today than Bellingham or Maddison, both were poor.

“I wanted something that would excite me,” says Henderson, whose last club game was played in front of 2,281 spectators - almost exactly the same attendance as Aldershot Town vs. Chesterfield in the National League last weekend.

:joy:

7 Likes

Don’t underestimate how mad the Saudis are for football!

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Look some of us play for the crowds and so on.

Other players play for the Rolex watches.

3 Likes

How to destroy credibility in 60 days

Henderson needs to write a book on that

Instead of Sands of Time…

“Time of Sands:Endo for Hendo”

I’ll get me whatever

2 Likes

thawb

1 Like

Panel from David Squires latest comic

I am genuinely confused.

Henderson has a history of being supportive of the LBQT etc. community. A good thing. He has gone to play in Saudi and is getting a kicking.
Everyone else who has gone to Saudi who hasn’t previously been supportive of the LBQT etc. community, gets a pass.
Moral of story never be supportive of the LBQT etc. community ?

Also wasn’t Qatar World Cup the ultimate sports wash. The entire England team and the BBC with all their social justice activists went and enthusiastically took part including Lineacre, Scott et al.

Also isn’t playing for the Saudis at Newcastle (or against them !) just as bad as playing in Saudi ?

Playing in Saudi is no worse than buying their oil or selling them arms, flying Emirates or being sponsored by Emirates, supporting Man City, going on holiday to Dubai or backing a Sheik Mansoor horse.

Henderson deserves a break. He might not be the brightest but his heart is in the right place.
A great servant of LFC, a great captain of LFC and a friend to the LBQT etc. community.

1 Like