Ex-player: Jordan HENDERSON

It’s not like he wasn’t warned. He could have accepted that he wasn’t first choice any more and knuckled down to help the team. He could have gone back to his home town club or he could have followed Milner’s example and gone to a PL club.
Instead he did the worst possible thing.

5 Likes

A really good post.
There are some points that I have a ‘slight’ difference of opinion about but in general completely agree.
Firstly, I really hope that the good work Henderson did - aside from him being a good captain - with charity (notably NHS) and his LGBTQ work, is not forgotten by people trying to be whiter than white. Unfortunately, Henderson and his family, in hindsight made a bad decision. I am honest enough to hold my hands up and say that if I was offered that amount of money and it meant securing my families security for life I would make a few exceptions.

Regarding your point about players like Firmino, Mané, Fabinho, etc. firstly, you should ask the question as to why they were not so vocal….

Most of us would consider all options when offered a significant amount of money to do a job.
But most of us don’t already have a significant amount of money.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1747718046649626655

1 Like

definately some shit going down here that we dont know.

4 Likes

James Pearce on Henderson:

'He wasn’t forced out of the door. Klopp didn’t want to lose him but felt he owed his long-serving captain an honest assessment of his prospects in the context of the midfield rebuild.

'At the age of 33, he was hardly going to play more frequently. But there still would have been plenty of opportunities for him with Liverpool competing on four fronts.

'He gave up so much: the captaincy, the emotional Anfield send-off he would have been guaranteed and the chance to win more silverware with Klopp’s resurgent side.

'There’s no bad blood. Henderson is still a popular figure within the club and remains in close contact with players and staff alike — Klopp even referenced having a conversation with him as recently as this month. He will always be welcomed back to visit with open arms.

‘The regrets over the events of last summer belong solely to him rather than Liverpool. In his absence, Klopp’s side have surpassed all expectations.’ [The Athletic]

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1747589159328297254

1 Like

I often find the western morality police rather entertaining, if I’m being honest. There are currently over 30,000 British expatriates living and working in Saudi Arabia. I wonder whether the decision to relocate is motivated more by limited opportunities in the supposedly more “civilized” West, or by the lure of higher wages and lower taxes in Saudi Arabia. Additionally, I am curious about these expats’ perspectives on the LGBTQ+ community given Saudi Arabia’s restrictions. However, unlike high-profile footballers or celebrities who face intense scrutiny, ordinary expats seem to escape similar judgment. It appears acceptable for regular British and American workers to be enticed by the highest average salaries globally, yet they do not attract the same criticism as their prominent counterparts for engaging with a restrictive society. The morality police remain a spectacle, while ordinary expats carry on unseen, perhaps prioritizing career incentives over social values in their choice to work in Saudi Arabia.

2 Likes

You realise that the morality police is a real thing.

In Saudi Arabia.

10 Likes

Its a real thing here too, its called western media, sky sports, bbc , twitter and other social media platforms.

Rather thick this Hendo ,

If you are willing to sacrifice your good name , morals to earn money etc etc , atleast stick around long enough to earn said money.

1 Like

I don’t think any of these organisations can carry out a death sentence on you for breaking their rules

8 Likes

Ah yeah Gay people don’t face prejudice it’s just social media stirring it.

3 Likes

no they can do much worse:

Shame Cersei GIF - Shame Cersei Game Of Thrones GIFs|683x383.2388888888889

Can they? Is Jordan Henderson cancelled? Is he still not playing? Would he have been able to come back to England to play?

If he could then it’s fucking not.

5 Likes

No they can’t.

3 Likes

If you think public flogging and hanging because you have a boyfriend is less worse than some blowhards on social media then I think you’ve got a problem.

3 Likes

You are totally missing the point here…please read my post again

Let’s approach this more deliberately. Indeed, Saudi Arabia and Qatar exhibit barbaric and concerning treatment of the LGBTQ+ community. My point is, if there’s significant criticism directed at individuals like Hendo, why limit it to just him? Why not extend it to expatriates who relocate there for financial reasons? Why not scrutinize the British government, considering Saudi Arabia is a major trade partner with over 200 joint ventures involving British companies? These entities are profiting from Saudi Arabia, and it’s likely they employ members of the LGBTQ+ community. Perhaps, as a form of protest, those employees should consider resigning. Should we also involve Newcastle players and staff, given that their wages are funded by Saudi Arabia?

Plenty of people have criticism for all those groups. :person_shrugging:

This just happens to be a Liverpool board where the discussion of Henderson is especially germane.

6 Likes