Ex-player: Jordan HENDERSON

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1684530320941404160?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

2 Likes

Night and day between the quality of the clubs official videos and Hendo’s own. :joy:

Well made videos. Good on Liverpool.

Enough for me to say Hendo’s a hypocrite. He’s done the move after serving his time and he’s been a great captain. Hope the next long term captain we get is someone equally good in leadership and other qualities as well.

Congrats Hendo for a great LFC career and your end of career payoff.

1 Like

The graphics budget money is being overspent. Come on John. Do better

We had Arthur eating up into the wagebill as well.

1 Like

Yeah I knew Klopp was lying when he called Keita a legend.

Haha I now can’t listen to any of these videos without thinking of them as some sort of parody off a comedy tv show or movie…maybe SNL (Oh god! what have I done??). Slow, soft piano, trying to make something super emotional, when in fact a player (I would definitely call him a club legend based on his involvement in this club’s turnaround) has decided to leave the club to take £350k/wk tax-free and tossed his moral code in a skipfire. At the last moment. Because otherwise we could have and would have given him a proper send-off at Anfield.

For me he is a club legend, he’s sometimes had a very rough ride with the fans which is why many/most won’t see him as a legend, but I also think all these videos are pretty corny. I guess they are playing these goodbyes through the media to try and quell the overriding sense from fans that he has left on bad terms? If not, hasn’t Klopp and all those players in the video heard of Facebook messenger or Skype? Pick up the phone and say your goodbyes personally.

One day possibly when the Saudi wave has truly set in and football fans have lost all hope that football can be free of nation-state white washing, Henderson can come back to Anfield and have a proper send off, maybe in a preseason game.

Day World GIF

I suspect we may miss Hendo off the field than on it. 12 years here, and captain, he knows the club, the fans, the demands etc. He was a leader. I don’t expect new players to get all of that straight off and someone else will need to step up to that leadership role.

Thinking about Milner moving on may also be a little detrimental in that department.

Still nothing lasts for ever and there are opportunities for others now.

Milner and Henderson have set that example for the current players. The current lot will know what’s expected of them. Klopp likes a closely knitted bunch and he’s likely identified who can keep the standards up. Virgil can do the job for 2-3 years before Trent steps up to the plate.

Sure, but it takes a certain personality to take up that batten. We’ll see.

Virgil , Mo , Robbo , Dominik all national team captains in there. Then we’ve got Allisson who’s a very good leader in terms of defensive organization etc (the keeper basically commands his area).

Plenty of candidates there even if it’s way too early for Dominik.

And Liverpool almost always take a no dickheads policy when it comes to footballers in the team. Sakho was the only recent exception to the rule but he wasn’t signed under Jurgen and Klopp flogged him off at the earliest.

Thanks for the great memories, Hendo. It’s a real pity that an otherwise untainted legacy of you as a genuine club legend has now been tarnished by your association with this murderous regime.

I wish you the best of luck. You’ll need it as you have proven on this occasion that your judgment isn’t always great. Hopefully you’ll soon recognize how wrong you were to make this move. The club will move on after a difficult initial spell, but you? Good luck with your mate Gerrard and other desert animals you’ll find there.

Bye.

6 Likes

And now his watch is ended.

You could have had to most beautiful and inspiring story arc here, finishing as a legend, yet you chose to betray your fake morals and take the money.

Fuck off you hypocritical sportwashing PR prick.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Ettifaq/status/1684523633358544896

Ettifaq off!

3 Likes

"Jordan Henderson, the embodiment of Al-Ettifaq DNA":joy:

Next up Steven Gerrard, the Einstein of football

2 Likes

How dare you come on our forum and make a sensible post. Pffft!!!

3 Likes

They could’ve at least proof checked their spelling…“challanges”, “isnpires”…thought these wanted to bring a new audience and show how serious they were? :man_facepalming: