Ex-player: Jordan HENDERSON

Nothing on their Twitter feed that I can see:

https://twitter.com/utdwithpride

What you have to remember is that LGBT+ groups in the UK are protected by law. The Saudis could try and make their life difficult but there is nothing legally that they can do about them.

Kop Outs! seem pretty gutted by the Henderson move and I can understand that entirely. He has been a very vocal supporter and ally so this move seems like he was merely paying lip service. My feeling is that he genuinely supports the LGBT community but this move will likely put a stop on any public statements.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware that Robbie Fowler has decided to manage a team there as well. Fowler, Gerrard and Hendo all practicing sportswashing in Saudi Arabia… where is that puke emoticon when you need it?

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:
Is this the one your looking for?

Or maybe one of these?

team america vomit GIF

ill i feel sick GIF

The Saudi’s must’ve been impressed by Fowler’s track record in management.

1 Like

Perhaps I am being naive but what’s wrong with the club having an academy in Saudi Arabia? What’s wrong with the club finding and nurturing some local talents potentially improving their life and maybe expanding their horizons? I don’t think that it’s sponsored or operated by the Saudi state and I doubt that they are asking Saudi kids about their sexual orientation.

To be fair, he did do pretty well in Australia and India. Not sure what his time in Thailand was like, but in Australia and India, he kept good financial management of the clubs he mananged, played entertaining and attacking football (at Perth) but played a fairly solid and structured defensive style at NQ Fury which is what their board wanted from him, built and improved the clubs standings within their respective leagues. In Australia he did well bringing young players through into the first team.

All things that translate across the world for club managers when clubs look to bring in a manager that hasn’t managed within their own country

3 Likes

:grin:

2 Likes

Love the way he nods his head at the end :0)

" I thought £700k a week was better than playing a caraboa cup game with Curtis Jones and a seven year old Spanish kid in midfield "…:joy:

2 Likes

Well, when you put it like that Jordan, I totally understand.

1 Like

That’s a bit rich, the BBC accusing someone of tarnishing their reputation! The words pot and kettle come to mind.

1 Like

There’s no need for all this drama. He was a Liverpool FC player and captain. He was a good Liverpool FC servant. He gave us his best years. He has chosen to follow the money and have a BIG final pay day from dubious employers. It was his choice and does not reflect badly on Liverpool FC. End of story. Move on.

6 Likes

I don’t think he owes anyone anything to be honest.

1 Like

I don’t get the criticism on Henderson regarding his conduct…He got LFC and himself a win-win situation.

LFC gets a transfer fee and freeing up of the wage bill for a clearly declining player, Hendo gets a huge windfall to set himself up for life.

If anything, we should thank Hendo for his service all these years.

1 Like

Finally, someone who gets it!!!

Yeah, if you leave it out the relevant bits there really is no point to the criticism

2 Likes

Seriously, if you can’t see why one day supporting LGBT rights and the next going to work in a country where being gay is punishable by death is problematic, you might want to think again.
It’s easy for us, as straight people, to dismiss the concerns of people who are directly affected by this kind of regime as we are unlikely to be persecuted for our sexual orientation.
Unfortunately, it looks like footballers will be even less likely to show support for such causes if they think it will be problematic for their careers.

6 Likes

You may do that no problem but please don’t tell others what to do. Thank you.

Do you know what…I really doubt that too :roll_eyes: