Ex-player: Neco WILLIAMS

The lad got a rough ride after a game or two… not sure he has recovered yet…!

3 Likes

I remember when some fans used to say Johnson should play right wing and Kuyt should play full back.

:joy:

2 Likes

Great Neco!

Saw that goal against Villa. Pretty good. Hopefully gives him more confidence when he does start going forward in the league cup games etc.

1 Like

Neco Williams has been omitted from Wales squad due to injury. Very bummed for the lad, he needed those minutes. Hopefully it’s nothing serious and he starts in the League Cup.

If we don’t recruit anymore attacking players I wouldn’t mind seeing Neco get a few run outs on the wing. Probably above Origi and maybe even potentially Minamino in those wide forward positions.

The management team probably disagrees with you here, given everything they’ve said and done.

1 Like

That deserved 2 goals

1 Like

Great to see him get some minutes (and an assist too), would do wonders for his confidence and sharpness. We will need him.

4 Likes

Good to see him getting in on the act today and providing assist for Bobby third goal.

1 Like

Great assist I thought.

1 Like

I more and more want to see what he can do given some proper game time further forward against proper opposition. Right footed so left wide forward back up for next time Mane needs a rest. There’s hints there that he could be a good option in a winger role but need to see against good opposition.

1 Like

There’s his goal. He played left of a five. Good showing again, albeit shite opposition.

1 Like

He’s probably only ever going to be backup for us in any position he can play so there’s the question what’s best for him and hence us in the long run. Good kid just need to think of what career he could have,no?
Sure whilst he’s with us us him as best we can!

He’s 20 and already an OK choice as a right back or even a left back. He’s not really played as a winger at senior level. But he’s got OK numbers for most wingers at that age. 2 assists for us this season in not much playing time this year and 2 goals and 2 assists for his national team in just over a year. Most of this as a fullback. There’s a bit of attacking ability there for a fullback.

I’d be advising him to hang on a couple of years and see what the manager after Klopp wants to do?

The next manager might not want to play the unorthodox fullback system, at which point Trent maybe moves into the middle, and that position is up for grabs.

At that point he’ll be 22/23 and a full establish international. If he needs to move then, he should get a decent move.

1 Like

I’m relaxed about him he’s contracted till 2025 that gives him oportunities that I’m talking about with us and also to think about his career.
You seem to be saying the same as me when using the term OK, he’s been decent for us when I’ve seen him though nothing special even for a 20 yo.

1 Like

I just think at 20 he doesn’t have to be better than he currently is to still be in with a chance of becoming a top (or even world class) talent. I think guys like Elliott and Alexander-Arnold can distort perception. Neco is fine for a 20 year old, quite good when turned to, bit up and down. But we field some of the best full backs in the world that he’s being compared to and have one of the most challenging tactical set ups for fullbacks. It’s not exactly an easy remit. But certainly the possibility of a change in role to move further forward opens up a whole different set of possibilities for him. He’s always been more of the wing back than the fullback.

1 Like

Seems I’m not alone wanting to see him given time further forward, although I don’t think the Bale comparison is accurate or helpful.

4 Likes

Oh, come on. He’s a full back that might end up playing further forward and he’s Welsh. What more do you want? :joy: