Ex-player: Rhian BREWSTER

Well, by that measure we should get over 40 million for Origi and I can’t see that happening.

I think 20 mil would be great for someone of such limited experience.
Plus the all-important buy back clause of course.

Brewster being linked with a loan move to Sheff United. Would be a good move for him this year. They don’t have anyone in same mold as Brewster, and I could see him getting a lot of playing time for a well organized side. They desperately need someone to score some goals for them this year (with all due respect to Oli McBurnie…) At the very least we could see how he does against premier league defenders.

4 Likes

This would be so good for everyone concerned. Playing in the Premier League under a progressive manager.

He isnt good enough yet to play for us so sell him with a buy back clause.
We can then get someone in who is good enough.
The lad is a poacher but clearly Klopp thinks he doesnt work hard enough off the ball.
Sheff United and Swansea are in talks according to Sky but LFC havent yet decided if it will be loan or perm sale.

1 Like

Buy back clauses are unenforcable. but we also need to understand that he has no loyalty to us. He came to us an already well developed young player on the basis of seeing a path to the first team with us that he didn’t think existing at his original club. If we move him on without ever really having played him, and then decide a few years later we want him back, why we have any unique pull for him?

4 Likes

Yeah agree on buy back. Not sure how theyve ever been allowed before.

I would offer Sheffield Utd a reduced transfer fee in exchange for a hugely inflated sell on clause. 20m and 40%. Something like that.

It’s also true to say that Brewster has tried to leave several times before and we have always blocked him so trying to buy him back if he settled in well at Sheffield United would probably lead to him telling us to jog on.

6 Likes

His family (at least his Dad) are big Reds but other than that, if he left I imagine he’d only rejoin if he’s going to be a starter.

They’re not prohibited, just they’re legally unenforceable so pretty pointless.

1 Like

If Origi is sold, he stays, else at the very least he is off on loan again.

seems crazy to me that we are thinking of letting him go when firmino has been out of form since february, minamino who has only looked in friendlies against lower league teams and origi who is wildly inconsistent.

don’t see why we wouldn’t keep him at least until january. and don’t give me that we will buy someone with the transfer fee, will we hell it will probably go wijnaldums new contract.

1 Like

Clearing the decks for Mbappe2021.

I really thought he would be another promotion from within, apparently not.

Don’t know how reliable this source is, but thought i’d share anyway.

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2020/09/16/sheffield-united-and-liverpool-agree-fee-for-rhian-brewster/

2 Likes

It happens a lot, the public (fans & media) feels it’s the real deal, but first team staff often sees it differently. We have hit high levels in last years. Who knows, it’s not like Klopp is not imune to mistakes (though we’ve made few in last years). He’s a pretty good talent, but it’s not the first nor the last time.

Well its a report citing an unknown twitter “Itk” so I’d go with unreliable… With zero details at all.

1 Like

The source they mention looks like total rubbish.

1 Like

…and who exactly has ‘leaked’ this to Sky? It won’t be us.

Seems unlikely. I mean, Edwards is good, but not that good, surely? :thinking:

8 Likes

Nooo! I wanted Rhian Brewster to stay and develop at LFC. He is my favourite out of all the youngsters.

2 Likes