Ex-player: Rhian BREWSTER

Looks like he’s gone to Sheffield Utd for £25 m + buy back clause.

Duh!!! All we are hearing is a loan deal.

For me that doesn’t make sense for Brewster, I’m not even sure that makes sense to the club considering Brewsters ‘apparent’ squad position/situation.

2 Likes

That maybe my bad, I read on another forum that it was a done deal and most members posted as it being true. Looking back again there was no link to it, so looks fake news, Sorry!

Moral of the story? Don’t use other forums.

10 Likes

Okies, sorry! :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Chauvin! :wink:

1 Like

Fully expecting to see this announced after the Thiago news. I’m happy with him moving on if there is a kick back to us in the event he goes on to be a superstar.

I have very mixed feelings. It’s clear as far as I can fathom that a transfer is the best option for Brewster (he seems to be going nowhere very fast with Klopp). However he seems a ‘lovely’ chirpy young lad and after loosing the village idiot I can not help but feel we are loosing a lot of character within the squad and in this case a very talented young lad to boot.
That’s also without considering who we will have left in our squad not to mention the poor form of Firmino.

Good loan for half a season last year. People are against loans, but I reckon one more year loan is just what is needed. A full season to pick up experience in the pro game, which is totally different form the U23 games.

We could get a good loan fee and let him sink or swim, or offer him to clubs at a reduced loan rate with recall clauses if things don’t go to plan. I’d prefer the first option. See what he is made of.

1 Like

This post aged like milk.

6 Likes

Palace now interested

I wouldn’t mind that tbh, i’d love to hear Hodgson trying to say his name.

13 Likes
2 Likes

Only if they want to offer the amount of cash we want. If it’s a loan, they can f*ck off, no chance I want to see that happen.

1 Like

I wouldn’t like Brewster going to Palace, they have Zaha, Ayew, Batshuayi, Benteke and Wickham, knowing Hodgson and his football, Rhian might be even behind the last two once they are back from their injuries, I don’t see him getting much minutes under Hodgson, never mind being regular starter. I’d rather see him go to Sheffield, their strikers are poor and I think he will be given more chances to win a starting spot there.

1 Like

Last thing a lad with a serious injury in his background needs is Woy testing his wesolve

7 Likes

Bit uncomfortable with him going to Palace to be honest. Only because of Roy being there more than anything else. Not sure it’s he’s the right manager for a promising striker to develop with.

To be fair, Wickham is dead, Benteke is not far from it, Ayew is actually a bit underrated (not a goalscorer) and does a linking/working job for someone like Zaha. Batshuayi is decent for Palace, but it’s only a loan. Jeez, let’s all remember that there was a time they played both Zaha and Townsend up top. The likes of Schlupp still playing a lot. Max Meyer on a free, where do we play him Roy? Out on the sides. Roy is even the least of problems over there, he just manages to get results quietly and peacefully. It’s Steve Parish who I’d love to ask a few question what does he even want to do with Palace.

1 Like

Let’s also not forget Sorloth, who is out on loan in Turkey for one more season.