Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

One or two days, they are expected Wednesday back at the latest he told reporters in the presser Friday.

1 Like

Amazing, thanks Dutch. That is great news bc I was under the impression they would have 1 or 2 weeks.

No, no, they had proper rest this summer, especially compared to the rest who played summer tournaments. Salah had 7 weeks and Mané 5 weeks, that must be enough to get them true the season.

1 Like
5 Likes

Congrats Sadio for your new trophy! :+1:

It’s stunning to hear that this is Senegal’s first win, as they have often had good teams, also in the past. Anyway, glad for them, they deserve it very much.

1 Like

AFCON winner and player of the tournament.

Not bad.

5 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

Shame he never scored that penalty. Would have been their all time leading goal scorer now, rather than sharing that honour. Hopefully, he chalks that off in his next international.

1 Like

Will still be playing internationally for years, no way he doesn’t score at least one more goal. He’ll be their best player and goal scorer without argument.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBvYYAP0HMQ

1 Like

if that was me he’d get a bollocking to no end.

that’s why i’m not a pro footballer (besides being shit at controlling the ball)

Going back to what I posted in the AFCON thread yesterday about the significance to the players and representing their nations…

Sadio today said winning AFCON was the most important trophy he’s ever won. He said he “has won champions league and some other trophies”, but it’s the AFCON trophy that means most to him.

I can’t figure out how to embed the video.

EDIT:

It’s the best day of my life and the best trophy of my life,” he said. “I won the Champions League and some [other] trophies but this is the special one for me. “This is more important for me. I am happy for myself, my people and all of my family.

3 Likes

According to the Mirror, Pape Gueye jokingly asked if Mane was going to join him at Marseille.

Mane is a supporter of the French team and replied while laughing: “Marseille, make an effort, put in the money and I’ll come! You have to pay the transfer and I’ll come!”

Sell the cunt.

Doubt Marseille have got 100m

3 Likes

He puts the Afcon on a pedestal, then throws the rest in the mud. He barely thinks wining the CL is special, then can’t even name the PL title properly, just throws it nonchalantly along with all other titles, then whores himself out to all takers. I’m livid. On the bench for the rest of the year for penance (well the Islamic version). Unless he scores some critical goals, then he is forgiven.

1 Like

TBH, I think pretty much 99% of the players in whichever sports discipline would want to compete and win for their countries as the highest honour. I do not begrudge any of them saying that the trophies for their countries overrides anything that they have won for their respective clubs, particular in this case a trophy that their countries have never won before. Furthermore, Sadio’s heart and soul are all for this village and country, which he use his skills and talent to earn the big bucks from our beloved club. Look at the hospital, school, etc that he funded and built.

On the “joke” about transfer video, was Sadio a bit tipsy or he was just overjoy and lost a bit of self-discipline? Does Sadio even drink anything alcoholic (or none due to religious ground)? I was a bit miffed that he said welcome the transfer fee. But football players careers are short. Maybe he is seeing the writing is on the wall, with new attacking players competing for his position. Also we have not heard much about his contract extension…so he just throw a line in, whether he was actually fishing, or joking. Only time will tell.

Edit: Apparently, in the same article, it mentioned that:

Speaking in November 2018, Mane revealed his love for Marseille.

“When I was little I watched the French championship a lot,” said the Liverpool icon. “Marseille is a club I have always supported. Even today I watch Marseille all the time.”

Seems that Marseille is his boyhood club.

3 Likes

Clearly Sadio shouldn’t have said what he said about Marseille but I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. He has always led with actions rather than words for us and his support for his town, people and love of his homeland quite fairly comes first. I don’t think he’s angling for a move so much as expressing his willingness to move on (especially to play with a teammate at his boyhood club) in a moment of high emotion. Unlike Mo, Sadio hasn’t tweeted cockhead agent style pics hinting at contract negotiations. He has consistently been poorly treated by refs here - fouled and rough housed without getting anything and frequently been treated harshly when he makes challenges. I expect culturally and spiritually he is not as home in Liverpool (or England) as he would be in Marseille and it’s just the reality for him that he won’t be playing for us in the future - be that in 6 months or 4 years time - and voicing this in an unusually euphoric state should not be taken too seriously.

I do expect he will return to training as expected, have a private chat with Jurgen and then come out and say how focused he is on winning more trophies here after he scores a brace in one of his next outings. He’s going to be flying for the rest of the season and he may well leave us a parting gift of more trophies and a very handy fee. That’s a very big contribution to this club that stands up to almost anyone.

100% this. It is with great pride and honor he represents Banbali. The Made in Senegal documentary from a years back was beautifully done.

@PaulRoJo Mo didn’t tweet the photo of he and his agent, it was his agent.

2 Likes