Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

4 Likes

Its clear in the video he’s having a laugh in a good moment after winning for his country. The fact its Marseille should be seen as a joke, and both players saw it as such. I don’t even care that he’s mucking around saying that. If his boyhood club was City though, then things would be different! But then City was no boy’s dream when Sadio was a boy so that’s impossible.

3 Likes

This place escalated quickly. :joy:

Who knows if it’s a joke or there’s some smoke there, could even be both.

Marseille could be fun to watch under Sampaoli if they bring Mane.

1 Like

He is breaking into laughter after saying it and not only is Mirror making a story out of it, there is actual discussion if he means it or not.

Let him enjoy it ffs.

2 Likes

Anyone speaking French will understand that when he’s asked by his team-mate if he’ll join Marseille, and Sadio answers “Ouais, mais les Marseillais, va falloir faire un effort, va falloir payer le transfert.” is equal to laughing it off.

Absolutely nothing in it! :blush:

I think it’s very difficult for most of us to understand what the winning of AFCON means to Sadio and Senegal.

They can’t go shopping to strengthen the team while poor infrastructure and administration means grooming young talents is very difficult. War, poverty, corruption, etc. means the people have very little to cheer and be hopeful about. This is as good as it gets for them.

Love you Sadio, be blessed Senegal.

4 Likes

Senegal has always been a decent side with a fair few good players. Not winning it before is more like us not winning the league title in the Premier League era till Klopp. Maybe not a favourite but consistently a team that could be up there and a bit surprising they’ve always fell short.

Mine was done in jest, I’m sure @PeachesEnRegalia was as well. I took the Marseille part as a joke due to them having to pay a huge fee to sign him. Sort of like Everton buying Mbappe.

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s settle down lads, eh? A joke’s a joke.

To that end, I believe it’s likely better for the everyone involved Sadio won the final.

Just my opinion of course but Mo strikes me as better equipped, emotionally, to deal with losing the AFCON final than Sadio would have been.

Sadio played with a chip on his shoulder the entire tournament. The “2012 Olympics Sadio”, if you like. And during the final for long stretches in the match he made it Mane v Egypt. Quite evident how badly he wanted it. That’s not to imply Mo wanted it any less but judging by Sadio’s post match comments about the significance, there’s no doubt in my mind there would have been an element of emotional carryover.

9 Likes

What a guy. :pray:

4 Likes

What’s wrong with wanting to play for Marseille? :upside_down_face:

Whether we like it or not, there is a possibility that Sadio might leave in the summer.
The fact that we have spent a considerable amount on a player for his position and the situation with his contract are both indications.
He would command a hefty fee, and only a small group of clubs would be in the running.
It would be a sad day, but we have to face up to the reality that it’s not inconceivable.

1 Like

I was really not sure, but you sold it with your final sentence

2 Likes

Mendy on bench for Chelsea. In all seriousness, will be extremely disappointed in Mane if he’s not back for selection. If Jurgen decides not to select him, then that’s another story.

1 Like

Sadio Mane ignored handshake from Senegal president to celebrate like Roberto Firmino (msn.com)

:0))

I love that! I hope it was the spinning kick Bobby does. I remember that time Bobby scored (vs City in the CL?) Did his thing and Sadio tried to copy him and it looked all wrong but funny as hell! Probably my second favourite celebration after jumping on Klopp’s back against Arsenal!

1 Like

:0)

6 Likes

I’m ok with that. He may still have unfulfilled personal and professional aspirations and goals to achieve or do something different with his career. Sadio has always been one of my favorite players at the club, and still is to this day, it has been exciting watching his development and evolution as a player down the years since joining our club.

But just as I keep reading the sentiment that we will “be ok” if Mo leaves, I also happen to believe we will “be ok” if Sadio leaves. I would love him to be here for several more years but I’m also realistic.

9 Likes