Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

I very much doubt Mane would make himself unavailable by coming back later than agreed with the club. Klopp already said a few days ago (post FA Cup tie), that it was already agreed that whichever player won AFCON would get an extra bit of time off to go to their home nation to celebrate. He then said yesterday that Mane’s not going to play.

We have more than enough firepower to keep Leicester busy without Mane in any case - Salah, Bobby, Jota, Diaz, Taki, Div, and Ox are all available.

Also, Mendy is a goalkeeper - completely different fitness requirements compared to an outfield so there’s no reason he shouldn’t have been on the bench for Chelsea.

I think Thomas Partey’s red card against us is also an indication of rushing players back after international breaks.

5 Likes

Winning the AFCON as captain of his country and scoring the winning pen is probably the highlight of his career. It would be a very un-Klopp like thing to do to deny him a chance to properly celebrate in his homeland before returning. He’ll be back for Burnley I’m sure.

10 Likes

But he wasn’t captain…that was Koulibaly :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Slowly I‘m realizing what happened during the last days and still sometimes I think I am dreaming. So proud of all of us, I can’t even find the words what it means to me.

We wrote HISTORY! :senegal:

Thank you for all your messages and support. I also want to say THANK YOU to all Cameroonian :cameroon: people, it was an amazing CAN with a great atmosphere. You all were a perfect host of this tournament.

In all this I don’t want to forget my condolences to the families of all victims who lost their lifes during the tragical stadium accident. We will never forget you.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Back to his day job… :+1:

2 Likes
5 Likes

I dont think we have another player who better exemplifies what I think of the personality of this team - ferociously competitive and desperate to win while being a person you’d love your daughter to bring home.

5 Likes

I think that’s more Hendo, I see him as the symbol of Klopp’s Liverpool purely character wise.

For the last part, I’m not sure I’d want anyone. :joy:

That is a decent poll question. A person you’d love your daughter to bring home. Assumption being they are all in their prime years and are/were Liverpool players.

King
Gerrard
Hendo
Vvd
Trent
Robbo

You all can mention people who are not mentioned above.

As long as it isnt Xabi, because Id probably try to steal him for myself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think ill be proven right on this but Mane probably was better when he was a right winger rather than as a left winger.

I can only hope the club wants to keep both mane and mo and play mane on the right wing. That would leave us needing someone on the left wing (to provide competition to Diaz) assuming Jota is shifted to CF. This is a wishful thinking on my behalf though

Would love to see his stats on the right w.r.t the stats on the left for Mane though.

Assuming that if Sadio / Mo both kept by the club and both are played mostly on the right side… Mo probably is exclusively right whereas Sadio is versatile enough to play both RW as well as LW.

This could be some exciting couple of years provided both of them renew their contracts.

Liverpool would have a frontline of

A) Diaz Jota Mo
B) Jota Bobby Mo / Mane
C) Diaz Jota Mane
D) Mane Bobby Mo
E) Mane Jota Mo

The potentials in this are endless and will only be even better if theres one more addition the forward line.

Wages permitting ofcourse

I think he is more of a LF than a LW and was a RF than a RW. He played on the right side mostly in his inaugural season (2016-17) and his record was 29 games, 2427 mins, 13 goals and eight assists.

He played mostly on the left side in the subsequent seasons and his records are

2017-18: 44-3480-20+9
2018-19: 50-4309-26+5
2019-20: 47-3720-22+12
2020-21: 48-3719-16+9
2021-22: 28-2178-10+1

:fire:

7 Likes

Sensational goal, what a way to smash the fuck out of your drought.

3 Likes

brilliant goal…as were the other two goals scored today as well (in different ways)

2 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes