1 Like

Well…this sucks.

The Silent Assassin. LFC Legend.

YNWA

3 Likes

Only one from downtown…

Good riddance.

:face_holding_back_tears:

am just happy that I can say I saw him play for us and he was soooo good. I got to see an entire half of him and Robby playing triangles less than 25m away. am in the orange kit. what a header for goal #4.

8 Likes

Rush, Fowler, Owen, Tores, Suarez and now Mane all left the club but the club carried on and continued to be successful.
New season we got Salah, Jota, Diaz, Darwin and Carvalho, we will score even more goals.

3 Likes

I watched him from the Kop vs Cardiff City. His second goal he hit the ball so hard, it was tough to see when it went into the net. Like a flash!!

There’s absolutely no guarantee that Darwin can match Sadio’s output. It’s unlikely really, at least until he settles in. We have to move on, but I think we’ll feel the loss of Manè

2 Likes

Sadio’s pace alone used to scare the shit out of defenders. I remember when he played for Southampton against us, I feared for our defence every time he got the ball

Nunez is faster :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

He probably is now. And I have full confidence in our scouting dept and Jurgen to have picked a great prospect. He certainly won’t be another Marc Gonzalez

:scream:

Or even another Nunez

1 Like

People also get too hung up on X goals and Y assists when measuring the impact of a player. For example, Jota doesn’t come close to offering all-round impact that Mane does/did

1 Like

Its possible he might not contribute to the team as much as Mané but could score more goals, Diaz is no slouch either so we can still challenge for PL and CL trophies.

2 Likes

Although I love Mané to death his main weapon is his speed and that will begin to fade away the older he gets.

Therefore I would rather see an extension on Salah’s contract who is more of a pure footballer he has the ability to take on defenders not sole on his speed.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why mentioned his inconsistent performances.

That was true for the last 3 and a half months of the season but it hasn’t been true for the entirety of Jota’s time here. There have been a couple of periods where Jota has offered more than Mane. In 20/21 he was undoubtedly the better of the two, and for some of 21/22 he was the better player at times.

Recency bias is strong here.

4 Likes

I think both Jota and Mane have shown that both of them can score. But what I can say is the main difference between what made Mane a world class player and what Jota needs to be that is the ability to impose himself in games. While it is great that Jota appears and scores in games, what he needs to improve is not to disappear from games at times. Even when Mane was not scoring, he is always trying hard and always visible and always making himself available and in passes and plays. Similar to what Salah did even in the tail end of the season when he was not scoring freely. So we definitely need to look beyond the scoring and assist stats because the Mane of the last 6 years definitely brought alot more to the team than Jota does, beyond the goals and assists. But Jota can yet improve and hopefully players like Mane can only inspire that Klopp can make players world class.

1 Like

Of course we can. Just stating my opinion that Sadio will be missed more (as a person and a player) than some are suggesting.
Still have faith in Klopp and his team to find a way

1 Like

Don’t agree sorry. Jota is a more clinical goalscorer but doesn’t defend as well, or bring team mates into games. Compare his assists to the others.

And surely you can’t accuse anyone of recency bias is a discussion about Sadio Mane!?

1 Like