Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

Sadio is a legend, from the moment he cut in from the right against Arsenal and smashed it far corner you knew he was going to be iconic to Liverpool fans.
I will be honest in that I hadn’t paid Sadio much attention until he signed. I knew he had scored the quickest Hat-trick - which wasn’t a good move as I love Robbie. I also had read Utd. Were very interested in him, so when we signed him I had to watch the obligatory Youtube videos.
The videos were actually honest, he seemed tenacious and I don’t know why but I saw similarities with Suarez in his play. This got refined/diluted over the seasons.
So roll on 6 seasons and what do we have? A player who has won all of the major trophies and been an integral part of our success. A player who has scored so many important goals and delivered so much happiness to so many people.
I wish Sadio all the best, he has cemented his place in LFC folklore. It is saddening to see him moving on but I have nothing but love for him.
Every good thing comes to an end, I am just happy to shout out with pride that I saw Sadio Mane play and that i witnessed moments I will never forget, especially the header against City.

I have nothing but respect for Mane. He leaves with my love and best wishes.

4 Likes

Sadio had a contract with liverpool that he could have opted to sign which probably would have gotten him earning the same as what he would otherwise earn at bayern.

Hope we get Bayern in the champions league.

He’ll win the Bundesliga every year and that’s a given, more than likely the German cup too but when a player leaves Liverpool I can’t wish them success. People need to realise when you leave Liverpool it’s all down hill, the more examples of that the better.

Gini, Emre and Coutinho are the recent examples, as much as I loved Mane as a Liverpool player I hope his career follows a similar trend to those guys.

Am I bitter…. Yes of course :rofl: but point stands.

4 Likes

It’s understandable I think.

It’s not often that such a player in his prime goes from England to the Bundesliga.

1 Like

See I think he’s juuust past his prime. He still has the quality within the right framework to come up with something spectacular. But he has definitely lost a yard of pace and can’t play his traditional wide forward role as effectively. Diaz coming was actually a boon for him as his next staff of evolution is probably as an exclusive centre forward.

3 Likes

Yeah but in general, such “details” (we know it that the best Mane was probably between 2018 and 2020) are not as important for how he’s perceived over there. I totally get it that they still see him as one of the world’s best players in his position(s), which in all honesty he probably still is today. And in the Bundesliga, if he’s 100% focused, he should be brilliant in that league.

3 Likes

Blasphemy. Sadio is far better than either of those, as demonstrated in the CL and the PL for the past 5 years

2 Likes

What’s wrong with Sané btw? He hasn’t been the same player since he left City. Injury not healed fully?

Blasphemy on Klopp.

He buys those ‘used’ cars. Tunes them. Knows how to threat them to get the best out of them. But he is the only one who knows how to make them perform at 120% - how to drive them. And yes, maybe he even runs them to the ground for a certain degree.

Sadio will win most races in the Bundesliga. He might even reach the same numbers that he had here - but would it have the same worth?

1 Like

He wasnt even the same player at City that most people here thought he was.

1 Like
4 Likes

He looks so unhappy.

He looks how I feel when I see that pic :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Yeah, money isn’t the prime thing.

1 Like

Thats his normal face…

4 Likes

Yep he’s got a textbook resting bitch face.

2 Likes

Same as my wife. Took a bit of getting used to :sweat_smile:

He’s clearly unhappy and full of regret. This isn’t debatable.

7 Likes
10 Likes