Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

A great achievement by a wonderful player.
Earned while playing for us.

He’ll get 40 goals a season in the BL.

7 Likes

Mind you, he won’t win any awards for his use of the English language:

1 Like

I wonder if Sadio will play in tonight’s match against shitty.

No, he did not travel back to the US after attending the ceremony in Africa.

I miss him already.

6 Likes

No one is going to convince me Mo Salah wasn’t the best African player last year. His form in the first half of the season was of the planet (while Mane struggled) and dragging that Egypt team to the final is a vastly superior achievement to Senegal winning it.

6 Likes

Yeah recency bias really played its part here. Mané was very good towards the end of the season and contributed in Europe, but clearly they’re just ignoring what Mo did.

I think if Mo got the fouls he should get and if various biases didn’t exist, Salah would have a Ballon D’Or by now, much less CAF APY awards.

4 Likes

I dislike that the cake has Bayern Munich alongside African player of the year - he hasn’t even played for them FFS and they had absolutely nothing to do with him winning it. Celebrating privately with the player - good. Publicising it but keeping the Bayern stuff off the cake - maybe ok. Putting the club alongside like they were somehow involved and it reflects on them - fuck off lederhosen farmer drunkards.

5 Likes

First goal for Bayern: Sadio Mane Goal - RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich 3-5 2022 - YouTube

2 Likes
4 Likes

He did say he would be a fan, love that.

Also, I think it’s great to see how quickly he has settled into the group there, and how eager his teammates were for him to be part of the Super Cup celebrations yesterday. Seems to enjoy himself.

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/wcwxn7/désiré_segbé_sadio_manés_best_friend_has_signed_a/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

1 Like

I agree with your points to a certain extent. Salah’s form before the AFCON was a level above anyone else. However, after that it fell off and Mane was the one who was the stronger in the 2nd half of the season.
The thing is, like the Ballon D’or, trophies count especially on the international stage.
Hopefully, this will inspire Mo to score 50+ goals that will see us win the League and CL, along with the Fa/League cup to go along with our Charity shield success :crossed_fingers:t2::+1:t2:

Scored on his debut, the third of six Bayern goals.

3 Likes

4 Likes

whats going on there then?

https://youtube.com/shorts/85T6IlJP_VU?feature=share

this is a short video about it

2 Likes

Singing you’ll never walk alone i bet!

1 Like
1 Like

5 Likes