Ex-Player: Takumi MINAMINO

Kid?? He’s of a senior age. His touch has been terrible and when your lightweight you can’t get away with it. Sadio’s control sometimes is heavy but he’s stronger and comes away with the ball. The ball was pinging off him yesterday. He also wanted too long to make a decision and was getting caught in posession . He ain’t gonna make it at LFC.

2 Likes

This has been the view for many players throughout Klopp’s time here. Keita, Lallana, Lovren, Shaqiri, Origi etc. wouldn’t be here next season was what we heard many times and whenever that is being said it hasn’t usually happened. Atleast the season they were thought was a definite last one for them. We do not get rid of players in one year if they don’t perform. Not sure why we still think it might happen.

4 Likes

As it stands he’s as good as Firmino.
I wish Klopp’s annual experiment with 4231 would end. We still haven’t anyone who can play 10.
Our forwards should be Salah, Mané and Jota. Midfield at the moment probably Thiago, Henderson and Milner. defense TAA, Robbo, Goez and Williams. Alison in goal. That’s a 433 that’s what we play.

Why are we writing-off a player whom Klopp and his team values, and that too after months of close scrutiny??? There has been doubters about Lucas Leiva, Gini Wijnaldum and many others. For that matter, the first 12 months of Klopp wasn’t that Steller either.

5 Likes

This is an emotional post not a rational post. We love Origi but he’s been terrible for ages. Klopp got to the Europa league final in his first. Which we would have won if we had been given the 3 stonewall penalties we should have.

Sorry thought I was in the Origi thread.

Footy Manager

4 Likes

Im not sure what I make of him. Ive seen nothing to suggest he will make it though. Maybe he is trying too hard. But he was only £7m so could easily sell for £20m.
Ive no doubt he is decent but hes not done much when given his chance.

Dare i ask @Walshy07 which player you think we don’t have to bin,your bin must be pretty fucking full atm mate.

8 Likes

I agree. He is not a strong lad like Mané or Salah for him to win challenges his first touch should be impeccable, and it isn’t.

2 Likes

I dont want to bin him its just I dont think the premier league suits him - its a bit too fast and he looks a bit lost. He is the type of player we buy for £7m sell for £20 to a German or Spanish club and he will look amazing again.

Origi and Matip can go. The rest are OK.

2 Likes

I think that’s the source of his problems. His poor touch especially, he’s always harrying himself so as not to get caught in possession and he ends up miscontrolling the ball.

Only way to be sure is to let him have an extended run. Maybe he gets used to the pace and the game slows down for him, maybe it doesn’t and he won’t be anything more than a bench player if that. Either way he has to play more; 10 minutes here and there aren’t going to be enough. And with the way Firmino is playing, it would benefit both if they were to swap positions in the team sheet.

1 Like

Scored from the spot in Japan’s 1-0 friendly win over Panama today.

2 Likes

Did his leg fly off as he kicked it or something?

6 Likes

I hope Japan are trying him out at centre half.

1 Like

Probably not very relevant to the player’s thread per se, but I am interested to know what was the thought process behind buying Minamino instead of Haaland when both were available at Salzburg.

The lack of versatility aside, Haaland seems to be one of those “generational” players that any manager would love to have and build the team around. He has all the attributes to be a world class player in his position. I had thought if we could choose only one, it would be Haaland instead of Minamino.

2 Likes

Haaland went to Dortmund where he was guaranteed game time. I’m sure most big clubs in Europe had inquired about him but he obviously made the best choice for his career.

1 Like

Not the greatest of stats to have.

1 Like

Can you add minutes played?

2 Likes

We knew Minamino was both a punt and a long term project who wouldn’t be able to contribute too much for a while. We probably wouldn’t have even signed him if he wasn’t available for a cheap fee.

I was hoping to have seen more from him so far but I’m not overly concerned about it either. If he isn’t good enough then fine we will just move him on. Hopefully over the next 12 months or so he can start to influence matches when he comes on.

8 Likes