Ex-Player: Takumi MINAMINO

With some tactical awareness and coaching from Klopp, i believe he can play a role in Gini role. What he has is attitude and hard work and stamina. I think Klopp is good at bringing out the best in each player. I think Minamino will have a role in the squad in the long term

2 Likes

If youā€™re watching radio 4 then that might be the problem. Mrs Trellis of North Wales is not the prettiest of sightsā€¦

1 Like

Sheā€™s got a lovely pink clematis, though.

3 Likes

Could be an niche subject for the quiz threadā€¦

1 Like

Anyone on here eating Humble Pie?

Nice first Prem goal for Taki good game and many more to come hopefully.

4 Likes

@cynicaloldgit wrote: ā€œhumble sushiā€. :+1:

5 Likes

Like his movement for the second Firmino goal. Very bobbyesque run that

1 Like
5 Likes

He didnā€™t hide today, especially first half. He was always looking for the run, asking Robbo for the ball. Still think heā€™ll come good.

1 Like

Did well in his last two games so nice to see him get his reward today, just a shame he couldnā€™t stick the second one in. So far heā€™s looked better from the left or as an 8 than he does from the right or as a false 9.

7 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m a eating wheelbarrow full of humble pie because he scored a goal. Letā€™s not get carried away.
Obviously I hope he makes me eat loads of humble pie but although he did well today, the jury is still out.

2 Likes
3 Likes

What do some people expect from Minamino? He is our fifth choice attacker. Heā€™ll probably never play enough to be able perform on point whenever we need him.

By the way - with Harvey Elliott coming back next season to ā€˜replaceā€™ Origi.

What a great attacking department do we have.

ManƩ, Firmino, Salah, Jota, Minamino, Elliott.

6 Likes

Fixed it for you.

8 Likes

I expect our 5th choice attacker to be able to trap a ball, then pass to a member of the same team. I expect him not to be blown over by a strong wind or pushed off the ball by someone weaker than my granny.

To be fair, he played well today, got his goal, which should build his confidence but missed a sitter after doing all the hard work.

1 Like

If Mbappe is 7th choice forward, he may as well end up being a fullback in many of our games. Klopp can still make him better than anything the league has mind.

3 Likes

Centre half, mate. Get with the programme!

2 Likes

Donā€™t want to waste his pace so some trade off. And how will I sing Mbappe Mbappe running down the wing then?

2 Likes

He doesnā€™t really get pushed off the ball anymore. Heā€™s become a lot more assertive in that department.

His big problem is that he still chases after every ball and then runs out of steam. He needs to pick his battles.

He also needs to be more involved in the build up play like Mane or Salah. Everytime the ball crosses the halfway line Taki asks for a through ball past the other sideā€™s back line. But that could be the gafferā€™s instructions.

But the number of times his teammates ignore the obvious pass to him is criminal. I donā€™t knowā€¦maybe heā€™s not loud enough? I see him gesturing where he wants the ball but maybe he needs to be shouting more?

Klopp will mold him into what this team needs. And if nothing else Iā€™m certain Taki is a team player.

8 Likes

Totally agree with all this,i think the main problem is a lack of a real pre-season with the club since he joined us.

In a perfect world Klopp and the coaches would have had a good 1-2 months with him on the training pitch on a daily basis,plus 10 friendly games to drum into him to our style of play and teach him after every match what to change if heā€™s going wrong.

Instead heā€™s either finding it a hard system to learn or for me heā€™s obviously having to learn on the fly cos heā€™s still at times running around chasing things,when if he knew the triggers of when to close down or attack,he wouldnā€™t be doing these things.

Klopp has said,we have so many games atm we donā€™t have real training sessions,itā€™s probably been like that for Taki since heā€™s joined us,i think thereā€™s still a real good player for us in Taki,we just have to wait a little longer for the penny to drop.

7 Likes